• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking window on June 28th.

CrimsonRave

Mouseketeer
So not sure if anyone really knows what's going on, but with booking coming up on the 28th I have a question for everyone. I know they are only allowing park reservations through September, but do you think booking will be open through all of 2021? We are looking at December 2021 and don't want to miss booking if that is open as well.

In normal times, packages are typically only bookable 499 days out once they become available, so you may not be able to book December quite yet.

Edit: As an aside, the email TAs got said that 2021 would be bookable "BY June 28". I'm hoping that means that they plan to release dates this week sometime if possible as opposed to on a Sunday.

I called yesterday about this and a CM told me, after being put on hold for about three minutes, that 2021 would be bookable on 6/24. Now who knows if she was able to get accurate information!

So not sure if anyone really knows what's going on, but with booking coming up on the 28th I have a question for everyone. I know they are only allowing park reservations through September, but do you think booking will be open through all of 2021? We are looking at December 2021 and don't want to miss booking if that is open as well.

I feel like usually when the rates are released it doesn't always go to December because the programming still follows the 499 days....

So when we booked in 2016 for our 2017 trip I think I remember booking November. I think it’s open for the year but I pay be wrong.

I called yesterday about this and a CM told me, after being put on hold for about three minutes, that 2021 would be bookable on 6/24. Now who knows if she was able to get accurate information!

I thought the window for booking opened the 28th? Is it on the 24th?

I just looked and this is what Disney has posted

Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets.

it just says 2021, no projected stop date for booking.

So when we booked in 2016 for our 2017 trip I think I remember booking November. I think it’s open for the year but I pay be wrong.

I thought the window for booking opened the 28th? Is it on the 24th?

I've been confused, which is why I called. The CM told me that so much information keeps changing, and asked if it was ok to be put on hold for several minutes while she tried to find out. She told me the 24th. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't, or if it's any day between the 24th - 28th.

I'll be checking every day now.

We had already purchased 3-day park hoppers through UT for our trip (that was supposed to happen) this past April, but Disney cancelled our corresponding hotel reservation due to COVID. Are park reservations still going to be a thing for all of 2021 and, if so, will we not be able to book park reservations until we have secured a resort reservation? Not sure how it works with the UT ticket linking since they were affiliated with April 2020 dates..

Also, has anyone heard anything re: timeline for 2021 rack room rates being released? It's been challenging to pin down our ideal 2021 dates in the absence of updated rate information by resort..

We had already purchased 3-day park hoppers through UT for our trip (that was supposed to happen) this past April, but Disney cancelled our corresponding hotel reservation due to COVID. Are park reservations still going to be a thing for all of 2021 and, if so, will we not be able to book park reservations until we have secured a resort reservation? Not sure how it works with the UT ticket linking since they were affiliated with April 2020 dates..

We also had tickets for April 2020 purchased from UT. If you look closely at your tickets on MDE, it should be an updated expiration date. Ours were first set to expire Dec 2020 but I recently noticed it was changed to Sept 2021. I would think yours would be the same!

I thought I read that you can only reserve your parks through 9/26/21 with the new park reservation system, but that the whole year of 2021 will be open for booking packages.

Yes on the first. No on the second. I had 2 different TAs confirm it. I’m still going to log in and check for myself, though.

See that's why I am confused. It says park reservations, but they don't list and end date for booking. Those are 2 separate things. There have been reports from people that some CM's say its for all of 2021, but you can only reserve through 9/26/21. I think this needs more clarification. None the less I will be up cause we aren't taking any chances.

I thought I read that you can only reserve your parks through 9/26/21 with the new park reservation system, but that the whole year of 2021 will be open for booking packages.

I hope you’re right!!! I want to book for Oct 2021, and keep reading different things. I will try on the 24th and hopefully we will all be successful!

I didn't realize this, but if they allow booking to 499 days out that would be November 5th next year, would the really not just allow users to book through December 2021? I understand waiting to book the 50th, but at the same time, it doesn't make any sense to make people hold off on booking the holidays. I will be online tomorrow at 5am CT time to see if it is available, if it is I will post it here.

I didn't realize this, but if they allow booking to 499 days out that would be November 5th next year, would the really not just allow users to book through December 2021? I understand waiting to book the 50th, but at the same time, it doesn't make any sense to make people hold off on booking the holidays. I will be online tomorrow at 5am CT time to see if it is available, if it is I will post it here.

Thank you! I'm confused by the rumored 9/26 date if 499 days out is, in fact, 11/5...

Starting to lean toward November/December 2021 not being available to book yet. I'm not sure I want to wake up at 4AM tomorrow my time to find out. I checked with 2 TAs that seem to be under the impression that nothing will be available past September 26, but another one said later dates would be available. I give up. I completely understand wanting to hold off on 50th packages and the 499 day booking window likely delaying my booking, but it would be super cool if they could let us know for sure so we aren't wasting our early morning hours for nothing. I think it's the September 26 date that really messes with my head. October 1 is the anniversary date, so why close reservations 4 days before that? 4 days seems kind of arbitrary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter