Booking Trip....

Twizzles

Ready for 2nd trip!
not sure if this is the right place for these questions, but here goes....

Good Morning,

We have decided to book a trip this year and was wondering how you all book?

1. Do you book through the Disney website or do you prefer calling Disney direct?

2. Those that have used the website... have you had issues with the reservations at any point?

3. Do you usually price your trip via internet and then call Disney and get around the same trip price ?

Thank you all in advance!

I always call and book through Disney because I prefer to speak to a person. I do price it online first to get an estimate. I've always got the same price by calling as what was priced out online. I don't think it matters which route you go.

I usually like to call and speak to someone in person. I do price it out before myself. For ADRs I do those online.

Good luck:)!

I do everything myself, through the website. Never had an issue with anything.

I book through Disney, and I happened to do it online. Usually my grandma books us a room with her DVC points, but this trip I am staying at AoA with my friends. It was very easy to book online, and then I have been calling Disney ever so often with any questions or discounts (which I was able to add to my reservation)

Went through Orbitz (35%+15% off when I booked) and tickets from Cheaptickets (buy 3 get 2 days free, plus cashback from ebates). The savings will more than offset any prepaid dining plan (I actually plan to use the savings to buy Giftcards at Target with my redcard and save there as well:) - so meals basically paid anyway) Just looked at Disney's site for our dates and resorts and Holy Moly...

In the past, we have always booked directly through Disney on their website. This trip, we booked with a travel agent because they were running a really good special.

We never had issues with our reservation by using the website.

It shouldn't matter if you call or go online; if you are dealing directly with Disney, the price should be the same on both as long as you choose all of the same options.

I use the site to get a general idea of what I want, then call so that I can ask any questions, put any special room requests (we always need to ask for connecting rooms). The only down side to calling is the potential for upselling - I don't think it's pushy at all, but they do ask if you want trip insurance, dining plan, memory maker photo package, and they assume you want tickets for as many days as your trip unless you make a point to tell them otherwise (i.e. don't need park tix on arrival day or want a non-park day during your trip). If you aren't comfortable saying "no thanks" or asking further questions (again, I haven't found them pushy at all, and always willing to answer as many questions as I may have) then maybe you'd prefer the web site. Definintely the price will be the same web vs. calling.

Despite generally being a bargain hunter, I have gone direct through Disney vs. sites like Orbitz. It's my understanding that Orbitz has much more restrictive payment/refund policies which may not work for you.

Yep...it's all good. I like to talk to an agent as well but it isn't necessary. I too booked through an agent this year because of the really good deal on the rooms. We are not using the dinning plan.

I have always called Disney to make my reservations and have them note any special room (or in the case of FW loop) requests. Always be sure to ask if there are any specials or discounts since they will more than likely not volunteer this information if you don't.

I say right up front that I want room only reservations.... never get a dining plan and get my tickets from UT separately

I use the Disney site to check for their prices, any discounts, etc. I then used to contact my AAA agent to see if I could get any discounts through them but Disney and AAA don't play with each other any more so they don't get any extra discounts. This last trip I checked with David's DVC rentals to see what they had in my time frame, checked the Disney site for both spring and AP discounts, then went through ebates/Orbitz and ended up booking through Orbitz. They were running a 20% special and since I was booking a split stay I got my Orbitz points from the first booking and applied those to my second. I also checked Expedia and Travelocity just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter