Booking times

xera12

Mouseketeer
Here is my situation: i was planning on going in October 2013 (probably 1-10) with my brother and two or three friends. I wanted to book in april (6 months ahead, as that is what i have been reading as recomended) for either POFQ or POR if just 4 of us or AOA if 5 of us. However it is looking like people (other than me) wont have the money ready in time.

My question is: is June 's first week to late to book? When do YOU usually book? Thoughts?

Here is my situation: i was planning on going in October 2013 (probably 1-10) with my brother and two or three friends. I wanted to book in april (6 months ahead, as that is what i have been reading as recomended) for either POFQ or POR if just 4 of us or AOA if 5 of us. However it is looking like people (other than me) wont have the money ready in time.

My question is: is June 's first week to late to book? When do YOU usually book? Thoughts?

I like to book as soon as I know we're going. If you're booking as a package, room and tickets, you can book in April and put down the $200 deposit. Then the remainder must be paid off 45 days prior to your arrival.

If you're booking room only, you only need to pay a deposit equal to one night when you book. The remainder is due upon check-in.

I book the week after I come back every year, since I already know I am definitely going that week.

It is best to book as soon as you know, especially if it is a busy week or a time of year when events are occurring, such as F&W Festival during the time you are going.

I would suggest as the PP stated, either book the room only and change it to a package 45 days out from check-in; you can get one-day tickets and then everyone can upgrade them when they get there if they are short on cash.

We book as soon as we know our dates. I agree that I would book now and pay the deposit and then make payments or pay in full once everyone has the money. If you want a package, it's best (IMO), to book that from the beginning. If you book room only now and switch to a package later, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit or payment in full (if you are 45 days or less from arrival). Room only and packages are different reservation systems so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Good luck.

I normally book as soon as I have our dates pinned down. I like to book a package and then make monthly payments. You can book the room and just 1 day base tickets then tweeking it later when deals come out or when you know more about your plans. I have added on days, added Park. hoppers, added the DP etc. Until the 45 day mark you can change your reservation as often as you want, even change resorts if you like. after 45 days there is a $50 fee if your total pkg cost drops do to the change/s made

sjs314 said:
I normally book as soon as I have our dates pinned down. I like to book a package and then make monthly payments. You can book the room and just 1 day base tickets then tweeking it later when deals come out or when you know more about your plans. I have added on days, added Park. hoppers, added the DP etc. Until the 45 day mark you can change your reservation as often as you want, even change resorts if you like. after 45 days there is a $50 fee if your total pkg cost drops do to the change/s made

What happens if i book for 4 people but 2 of them back out? Will there be an issue with changing that? Because that will change the price (since we are doing the DDP.

What happens if i book for 4 people but 2 of them back out? Will there be an issue with changing that? Because that will change the price (since we are doing the DDP.

If you take them off prior to the 45 day mark, there will be no fee. If you take them off 44 days or less prior to arrival, there will be a $50 change fee. Disney usually waives that fee if the total cost increases due to changes, but charges the fee if the cost decreases when you are within the penalty period.

One of the people in our group wasn't sure if he would be able to come and wouldn't know until about a month before our trip. The Disney reservation office recommended not including him in our initial res because if we had to drop him within 44 days of arrival we would be charged the $50 change fee. There was no problem adding him within the 44 days timeframe.

If your friends want the dining plan, they will need to be added no later than 3 days before arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter