• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Thru AAA Website

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
I went on the AAA website to see what rates it gave me for WL for Feb 06. The rate it listed was $174.25, a 15% discount from the Value season rack rate of $205. Is that about right?
Also, I was trying to book for Fed 10 through Feb 17, but its telling me the rate changes on the last night to $269.10! I know that Value season ends that Wed the 15th, but I thought your whole stay was based on the rate at check in day. Does AAA not apply that rule? Should I just call CRO to book?

Thanks!

I would just book through CRO with your AAA discount. The $174.25 is correct because that's what I got for AKL in value season. I booked through CRO. I don't know the rules for the rate staying the same through 2 seasons. Oh, and that rate is before tax. I think its 194.00? per night with tax. :sunny:

AAA should be applying the same policy...I would respond back by asking why the rate change...be sure to be specific and mention that you know Disney's policy on "non-changing rates".

Stupid newbie question: :wave2:

What AAA site actually quotes room rates for you? I've been checking and the Connecticut AAA only seems to give email quotes...

I'd love to be able to check different pricing scenarios without dragging in a travel agent (especially considering the bad luck I've had with AAA agents).

Thanks!

I’m not sure that I understand your question, but I will give it a try….If you want room-only rates, you would have to go through Disney. From what I understand, AAA only does packages.

If you request a AAA quote online, they give you the quote via email (regardless of which AAA site you use). When they respond, they only give you the total cost of the package. To get the room rate, you have to back out the rack rate of the cost of tickets and dining plan (b/c there is no AAA discount on tickets or dining plan…you are charged rack rate). That gets you the cost of the room.

The easiest and quickest way to get a AAA room-only rate is to go through Disney’s CRO…It’s a quick and easy call and they won’t push you to book.

Hope that helps.

HLAuburn said:
I went on the AAA website to see what rates it gave me for WL for Feb 06. The rate it listed was $174.25, a 15% discount from the Value season rack rate of $205.

Huh, then I guess I've misread. This post and a bunch of others I've read really sounded as if the rates were "listed" somewhere. Whether they are room-only or package doesn't really matter, I was just interested in being able to look up prices without going through the email rigamarole.

Too bad they're not. Thanks for the response!

I go to aaa.com, and it defaults me to aaasouth.com. CLick on Disney Vacations, then Hotels. Enter your dates, and "Lake Buena Vista, FL" for City, and in the space for Hotel Name, type Disney. It pulls up all the available dates and rates. :)

Aanna said:
Stupid newbie question: :wave2:

What AAA site actually quotes room rates for you? I've been checking and the Connecticut AAA only seems to give email quotes...

I'd love to be able to check different pricing scenarios without dragging in a travel agent (especially considering the bad luck I've had with AAA agents).

Thanks!

When you go to the AAA website, is the URL actually www.aaasne.com?

If it is, click on the Hotels tab, then instead of just typing in Orlando and your dates, click on the More Options link.
Select Orlando from the destinations drop-down list
Enter your dates and number of guests in the appropriate areas
In the Optional: Hotel Preferences section, type Disney's into the Hotel Name box and select Disney World Resorts in the Hotel Chain block
Click on Search and voila!

My site is actually aaaconn. I tried what you suggested on the Connecticut site and it works perfectly. So I guess it's not just AAA South after all!

:rolleyes1 So all I was doing wrong this whole time was trying to go through "vacations" instead of "hotels."

At least I'm a newbie that learns LOL Thanks so much!!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter