Booking through Orbitz

Tink

So whats the sitch?
I couldn't get a discount for the weekend I have reservations at POFQ. I can get a great rate through Orbitz, but I want to make sure I have this right: After I book with orbitz, do I have to call Disney to get their confirmation number to link to MDE? I know I have to go online to fill out info for Magical Express. How to do get tickets?

Thanks for the help.

On My Disney Experience, give the Orbitz reservation number, and Disney will be able to add your reservation online.

Do they kids automatically get added to reservation, or do I need to add them later?

Use the six alphanumeric code you got from orbitz. Enter that at your MDE page and it will link.

Correct, you call orbitz to add additional people. Only two are free when you book online at orbitz, but you can add others of course for free per Disney room rules. Just requires a phone call to orbitz. They put you on hold and call Disney. Takes some time but works fine.

FYI recently I've noticed it takes about 24 hours for the code to link at MDE. If it's asking for additional info like resort name, then just wait a few hours and try again.

I booked in a cabin at Fort Wilderness and I put down 3 adults, 2 children and it took all five and did not charge me extra. So i didn't need to call, it worked great.

you call orbitz to add additional people. Only two are free when you book online at orbitz, but you can add others of course for free per Disney room rules. Just requires a phone call to orbitz. They put you on hold and call Disney. Takes some time but works fine.

Just one clarification - you add extra people for free only if the extra people are under 18. Adults after the first two cost extra at most Disney resorts, whether you book through Orbitz or direct with Disney. The exceptions are DVC resorts and Fort Wilderness Campground; there you can add as many adults as you want up to the room occupancy limit with no charge.

I've never done Magical Express, but I've booked stays through Orbitz a few times and love the extra discounts.

FWIW - One thing that I've experienced in each of my Orbitz bookings is that my address in MDE gets changed to a Chicago address. I'm not sure how or why this happens, but I have to login after I link the confirmation number and change my address.

I've never done Magical Express, but I've booked stays through Orbitz a few times and love the extra discounts.

FWIW - One thing that I've experienced in each of my Orbitz bookings is that my address in MDE gets changed to a Chicago address. I'm not sure how or why this happens, but I have to login after I link the confirmation number and change my address.
The Chicago address is Orbitz's corporate address. After booking with Orbitz, you always need to change your address in MDE, so that MagicBands are sent to the proper location. That and paying for the entire reservation upfront are the only two drawbacks I can think of. for booking with Orbitz.

I, just this week, booked an October stay through Orbitz. As soon as I got the confirmation email from Orbitz, I entered the Confirmation number into MDE. It linked right away, and my address in MDE (as of today) has remained my home address.

I, just this week, booked an October stay through Orbitz. As soon as I got the confirmation email from Orbitz, I entered the Confirmation number into MDE. It linked right away, and my address in MDE (as of today) has remained my home address.
The address in your MDE profile wont change. However, when you book a new Orbitz reservation, go to the "Magic Bands and Cards" section of "My Account" - as Orbitz's Chicago address is the default shipping address for new Magic Bands.

I've never used Orbitz before but I see the rates & they are great. :) When you check in at the resort, does Disney pre-authorize your credit card at the front desk for guests who book this way? I know they never have when I book through them..

I've never had the credit card authorization feature work the way I expect it to; through Disney Travel, or Orbitz. I always add my credit card during the early checkin process, but I always end up having to make a trip to the front desk to get it set up correctly. It's not a big deal, but it would be super convenient if I didn't have to do that as I'm usually ready to hit the ground (and my credit card) running.

The address in your MDE profile wont change. However, when you book a new Orbitz reservation, go to the "Magic Bands and Cards" section of "My Account" - as Orbitz's Chicago address is the default shipping address for new Magic Bands.
Oh... Now I see... ;-) Thanks for the heads up!

You are correct! I look under Magic Bands, and had to change the address for that stay, to my home address.

If I book for 3 adults now on Orbitz, is it easy to add another adult in a week or so? Waiting on schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter