Booking through Disney site? POFQ

jp2gen

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
we're planning our first ever DisneyWorld trip - we've been to Disneyland for the past 3 years.
I'm looking at February 12-18 at the Port Orleans French Quarter. I ran it through the Disney site and automatically added the free dining plan.
Is this the best way to book? Can a travel agent do better somehow? We're planning on booking our flights later.

Thank you in advance!
Danielle

If you want to do comparisons or have someone looking for you a great deal until time for your trip, plan your ADRs for you, and create you an itinerary, then a TA is the way to go--Just make sure they've graduated from the College of Disney Knowledge.

If you are comfortable looking it up and the price you are getting online, then booking it online is also a great way to go. Be sure to watch for other discounts between now and then though.

Either way, I hope you have a great trip!! Much :pixiedust: to you!

Hi everyone,
we're planning our first ever DisneyWorld trip - we've been to Disneyland for the past 3 years.
I'm looking at February 12-18 at the Port Orleans French Quarter. I ran it through the Disney site and automatically added the free dining plan.
Is this the best way to book? Can a travel agent do better somehow? We're planning on booking our flights later.

Thank you in advance!
Danielle

The TA will get you the same deal; but they control your reservation until a few days before you check-in.

If you want to have control over your reservation, and handle things yourself, Disney makes it very easy to do so. Book it online; do your ADR's on line, etc. It is great!

To clairfy a prior post, you can still make your own ADR's if you book through a travel agent, but you can also allow your TA to do it for you. I'm never confident enough that the TA has my dining requests as their first priority at the 180 + 10 mark so I do my own even though I book with AAA

You cannot make changes to your reservation (room requests, resort changes, date changes, ...) - this was pointed out in a prior post, but it's not a huge deal.

Prices should be identical unless you are going in a no discount season - then an AAA agent can get you a small room discount, but it's not much. In your case your dining trumps that.

Basically, either way you go, there's nothing really to gain or lose.

Just make sure they've graduated from the College of Disney Knowledge.

ANY TA can take and pass the College of Disney Knowledge in a few days of effort - and they never need to visit a park or take a Disney cruise.

Use this as a starting point, but spend a little time to interview your TA and see if they visit the parks regularly and know Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter