Booking tastings onboard

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mcgrawfan, Oct 7, 2013.

1. mcgrawfan

mcgrawfan Peace Love Mickey Mouse

Where do you book the tastings the day you board. I have read GS, but DH thinks it is La Piazza. Just want to have it planned so we don't miss out!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

From what I've read, it's both. But the Navigator you receive in the terminal before you checkin will have the correct location/time for doing it.

4. sharksfinatic17

sharksfinatic17 Mouseketeer

We went to the location where the Navigator told us, but they weren't ready and sent us to Guest Services. I would just start a GS, since it is right there.

5. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

We have always booked tastings at Guest Services. There are usually wine, martini, whiskey, and mixology to sign up for. Also, that is where you would ask about the galley tour...it isn't advertised, but you can sign up to tour the kitchens if you have a sea day (and its free!). It's kind of cool to see behind the scenes.

6. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

I've been on 3 cruises on the Fantasy and have always followed the instructions in the Navigator - go to La Piazza usually at 1pm.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

We have never had a problem booking at guest services on the first day. No one ever so much as mentioned that we should have gone somewhere else. And of course, after the first day that's the only place you CAN book them. :)

8. kcx2njdisney

kcx2njdisney Earning My Ears

Just got off the Fantasy. We were among the first on the ship last Saturday, about 11:30, and went directly to GS and booked all tastings, ship tour, applied rewards dollars to account and had everything done In about 10 minutes then up to cabanas for shrimp!

9. Disneybown

Disneybown Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me if there is a minimum age for the galley tours?

10. GatorMomInNC

GatorMomInNC DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure there wasn't because I wanted my DS 9 to go, but he didn't want IF I RECALL CORRECTLY.

11. Cruise831

Cruise831 Earning My Ears

What exactly is the mixology tasting?

12. Cruise831

Cruise831 Earning My Ears

I heard there was a chocolate and beverage tasting. Are the beverages alcoholic?

13. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Mixology is where you learn to make different drinks and where you try different drinks that the bartender and other members of the group have made. We did this in May and had a great time. I think we ended up with 5 drinks so it was definitely worth the $15 charge. ;)

14. GatorMomInNC

GatorMomInNC DIS Veteran

Yes. Best tasting ever.