Booking Strategy

jlacobb3

Mouseketeer
Hi -

We would like to stay at BWV (Boardwalk View) for a week in February. Right now, only one night is available...right in the middle of the week. Should we go ahead and book it and waitlist the other nights? How does it work if we book additional nights (if they become available) one at a time? I'm thinking that we might have a better chance of getting the full week if we do this vs. doing the waitlist.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi -

We would like to stay at BWV (Boardwalk View) for a week in February. Right now, only one night is available...right in the middle of the week. Should we go ahead and book it and waitlist the other nights? How does it work if we book additional nights (if they become available) one at a time? I'm thinking that we might have a better chance of getting the full week if we do this vs. doing the waitlist.

Thanks,

Lisa
In NY schools are closed for winter break so a lot of members take advantage of early booking windows. If you are talking about next month you will be hard pressed to find availability at the preferred resorts....

:) For a trip to Disney--I would just take what I could get. :thumbsup2

What will you o if the waitstaff doesn't clear 30 days beer? I think our answer to that might affect my response.....

cel_disney said:
What will you o if the waitstaff doesn't clear 30 days beer? I think our answer to that might affect my response.....

Ugh....auto-correct! What if the wait list doesn't clear....waitstaff and beer are pretty funny though...

I did that last spring break in Hilton Head. I checked inventory every night at midnight and grabbed what was available. (I stayed within one room type). We paid cash for the nights we couldn't get with points. The only draw back is WDW does not have the ability to connect the reservations so we had to go get new Keys to the World passes for each new reservation. BUT we did not have to change rooms.

jlacobb3 said:
Hi -

Thanks,

Lisa

If you grab one at a time and they end up being all the same room type, you can call MS and they will get them combined into one reservation number for you--I just had that done.

However, the bigger issue is that I think it will be tough to get a February trip, even pieced day by day, at BWV, at this point. I might try and book consecutive nights elsewhere and waitlist those. Then, try the night by night approach. The only thing with this is that you would need the points to book the individual nights until you can call MS to cancel the night at the other resort. And, remember, if you set up a waitlist and end up booking something for that same night that is different than the waitlist but what you want, don't forget to cancel the waitlist.

Good luck

Thanks for your replies. I was able to piece together (3 different reservations) for a garden/pool view room. I'm not sure about that view, but at least we're at the resort we wanted. Should we request a certain room or area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter