Booking Separate meals for people in my reservation

angierae

DIS Veteran
A friend told me that due to ADR system changes, I will NOT be able to make two reservations at the same time under my reservation #, even if my party is splitting (4 people on our reservation, book two meals with two people each) and that I'll have to wait until my actual 180 day mark to book the second meal, and then not use my reservation #.

That's not the impression I've been getting from the DIS - that as long as I wasn't booking two simultaneous meals for 4 people (and thus over-booking) I would be fine.

My 180+10 day is Monday. Should I just plan to book the shared meals that day and will I have to wait until my actual 180 day to book the second meal? (There are three meals over 8 days my party will be splitting up for.)

You won't be able to do it online unless you use different names. As far as I know the room reservation number has nothing to do with it (it's just to prove you are eligible for 180 + 10) but they do need to be booked under a different name and maybe a different phone number. I believe you can do this even under the same room reservation number.

Also, the number of persons in the party is entirely irrelevant.

Well, they would be different names if Person A and Person B were going to one meal, and Person C and Person D were going to the other one. Will that be enough?

I'm not trying to hang onto unused reservations, I have teenagers who don't want to eat at Jiko and Yachtsman :)

Use the name and phone number for either Person A or B on one reservation and the name and phone number of Person C or D on the other.

Use the name and phone number for either Person A or B on one reservation and the name and phone number of Person C or D on the other.

That's what I thought I could do, but someone was saying you couldn't even do that anymore. Good to hear. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter