Booking REAS & excursions w/TA or DCL

Stinasmom

DIS Veteran
Can I call DCL directly as soon as my countdown clock hits 90 days and book my excursions and add the REAS package or will they tell me to call the TA?
I did not book this cruise, (long story but MIL is invloved...!) and am not at all happy with this TA. Last time I called the person had no idea what I was talking about and actually said I should just book excursions once on the ship! ACK! Maybe someone else there is better informed, but I would like to bypass this disaster-in-the-making and book directly if possible!

Thanks!

The REAS package will have to be added by the TA, but you should be able to call the number listed on DCL's website in the shore excursion section and book the excursions directly.

Kaa said:
The REAS package will have to be added by the TA, but you should be able to call the number listed on DCL's website in the shore excursion section and book the excursions directly.

You can always take your cruise confirmation number to another TA and transfer control of your vacation to someone who is more DIS-knowledgable.

You appear to have valid reservations about your current TA and I'm sure no agency would turn away at the chance to help you. ( Although a reservation transfer from DCL to a different agency is often done, especially to capture special deals, a transfer from one agency to another is viewed by many agencies as poaching). I, for one, have seen the mess you can get into if your carefully-made plans get goofed up by someone who is not Disney-experienced and you should carefully consider your ability to handle mid-trip disasters without the help of a competant TA.

videogal1 said:
You can always take your cruise confirmation number to another TA and transfer control of your vacation to someone who is more DIS-knowledgable.

You appear to have valid reservations about your current TA and I'm sure no agency would turn away at the chance to help you. ( Although a reservation transfer from DCL to a different agency is often done, especially to capture special deals, a transfer from one agency to another is viewed by many agencies as poaching). I, for one, have seen the mess you can get into if your carefully-made plans get goofed up by someone who is not Disney-experienced and you should carefully consider your ability to handle mid-trip disasters without the help of a competant TA.
You cannot transfer from one TA to another without the first TA's consent.

You have to book & pay for REAS through the TA, but actually scheduling Palo and the message can be done directly with DCL.

And booking excursions can be done directly with DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter