Booking Online?

hmeadq

Earning My Ears
When I go through Disney's site to book... Does the price they list include taxes and fees, or should I expect to pay several hundred dollars more? Also, is the vacation insurance extra or included? That was confusing to me.

Also, is there anyway I can see what the AAA price would be for the same trip (8 nights Oct 25-Nov 2 at WL with Park Hoper and Dining) without joining AAA?

How far ahead does WL usally book up? Especially since we will go with a standard room in all likelyhood...

((thank you all for so much knowledge and help))

I can help with part of the question. I booked our trip online both times and it figures the total for you, i don't believe it shows the taxes but it adds them in and also, if you want to trip insurance you add it and then it gives you a total at the end. I dont know anything about AAA, sorry.

I booked our last trip almost a year in advance it that helps.

My DF is in the middle of trying to sell our house. I keep telling him we need to book 6 months out! He is nervous because all our ducks are not in a row yet, but I've been saying, if worse comes to worse we just loose $200. He is for waiting a bit longer, I am for booking next week.

Especially now that we have basically decided to bite the bullet and stay at WL, not POFQ, I am worried about getting a room, especially, especially since we want to get a "Standard" room to save the extra $200 and I am afraid they will all be gone VERY soon...

Am I better booking on line or on the phone? Disney or AAA or some other option....

I checked dreams unlimited and because they do the service for disney, it's the same price as booking thru Disney. You don't lose the whole $200 if you have to cancel if you buy the trip insurance. If you purchase the trip insurance which is in the area of $110 and then you cancel, you'll get $90 back.

AAA will give you a discount on the room, but nothing else in the pkg. If you want to put your own package together, you can book a AAA room directly through Disney. Typically AAA saves you 15-20% off the rack rates. Here is a page that tells about the discounts and when they applyAAA rates

You can call and get a quote from either Disney for a AAA room only or your local AAA office for a pkg. without joining AAA. But if you join, you need one to book pkg. or when you check in for a hotel only ressie.

There are some other perks to AAA. You get a parking pass that gets you up by the handicapped spots, luggage tags, a meal and merchandise voucher for Planet Hollywood, and a few more things.

Marsha

According to the AAA booklet/brochure during value season you can save $205 per room on a deluxe (they use animal kingdom as an example). You can book the package through AAA but the discount is only on the room portion.

I know for value season, I priced a room at Pop on Disneys web site for $79 per night. With the 20% off, I would save almost $18 per night, so after 3 nights, I would more than break even from buying the AAA membership. Since the moderates are more expensive, you could definitely make up for the cost of the card. AAA rooms are limited, though, so don't wait until the last minute!

We are going in 13 days! I used the AAA discount on a pkg. and saved around $130 for our room, which I used to pay for part of our dining plan.

Marsha

I have always booked my trip through AAA and it has always been the best deal. I saved over 400 on my last trip rather than booking on the Disney website. I did run into the problem of limited rooms so book soon. I could not get a room at Caribbean beach. So I am staying at POR again, which is a great resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter