Booking online? Why am I so nervous?

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow is my 7 months out booking window to make a Vero Beach reservation. I thought I might try to book online for the first time but I'm so nervous. I have not booked DVC online before. I sure hope nothing gets screwed up!:badpc:

Anyone have experience booking online?

Update: I booked my Vero reservation online this morning without a hitch! Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

I booked on line the other evening and it was painless and easy. Of course I was not booking at the 7 or 11 month window and I was not looking for a specific resort so I was not too worried about being locked out. As long as you follow the steps and check off all of the appropriate boxes, the reservation goes through without a hitch.

I would suggest that you write down all of the info on a sheet of paper prior to going on-line especially the room type(studio, one bdr) and since you are interested in Vero, the room location (garden, ocean, etc). You must fill out all of the requested information before hitting the SUBMIT button or you will get an error message, which could delay your reservation submission.

I agree with the others, it is super easy. I would agree to write it all down and have it available just to be sure. Also you may want to go through as many of the screens as you can (without booking) to get a feel for the process.

I've done it several times and it works great. The only goof up I had was booking a reservation and couldn't understand why my points were not available, then I realized I needed to bank them first since my reservation was in a different year of points (had to bank my 2012 pts, so I could use them for a 2013 reservation). So went back and banked them and did the reservation again and my banked points were then available to me. I've even cancelled a few times. I just cancelled and rebooked this week and my points did not go back into my account right away. I actually had to log out and log back in and then my points were where they are suppose to be. I got a tad bit nervous at first. I need to book Vero for May, but my day is the 9th and that is the day the system is down for maintenance, so will be waiting for it to come back up later in the day.

I've had three positive experiences with online booking! Two of those trips are now completed and ran w/out any issues. Go for it -- easy, breezy!

I was skeptical before it came out but it has turned out to be very easy.

Keep in mind that once you have your resort and dates on the screen, and you hit the button to select those nights, they are put into a hold status for, I think, 20 minutes, while you type in your info for guests and such.

So you have plenty of time, once you get past that screen to pick your dates.

I've done it several times. In fact once I came across some open nights at VGC that we had been thinking about, but had never been available (someone must have canceled). I selected them, called my wife to make sure she was OK with those dates, and still was able to complete the booking.

Good luck! It's a great resource.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter