• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking onboard

Can I get a little more clarity on this? Say I book a dummy short cruise with a cost of $4000. The 10% discount is $400 off, correct? But then later I decide to move it to a longer cruise and the cost is $7000, do I get 10% off that ($700) off rather than the original $400? :confused:

You get 10% off the total fare and you are required to pay a 10% deposit.

If you move your cruise, you will continue to get a 10% off the new cruise fare (in your example, it will be $700). You will also need to maintain a 10% deposit, so you will have to pay the balance (in your case $300).

Note that fares are based on the time you book or later move your cruise, if you move it to a new date/itinerary. This could result in higher per person rates by moving your cruise.

If you have a date in mind, best is to book it directly. If you cannot afford the deposit at the time, book the cheapest category. You can then later move to a higher category and pay the difference, but you will maintain the original booking day prices.

If the date you have is further out the published dates, then book a dummy cruise (or how DCL calls it - a placeholder) for the furthest possible cruise. Once new dates are announce, you will then move it right away and get the best possible rates - opening date rates.

You get 10% off the total fare and you are required to pay a 10% deposit.

If you move your cruise, you will continue to get a 10% off the new cruise fare (in your example, it will be $700). You will also need to maintain a 10% deposit, so you will have to pay the balance (in your case $300).

Note that fares are based on the time you book or later move your cruise, if you move it to a new date/itinerary. This could result in higher per person rates by moving your cruise.

If you have a date in mind, best is to book it directly. If you cannot afford the deposit at the time, book the cheapest category. You can then later move to a higher category and pay the difference, but you will maintain the original booking day prices.

If the date you have is further out the published dates, then book a dummy cruise (or how DCL calls it - a placeholder) for the furthest possible cruise. Once new dates are announce, you will then move it right away and get the best possible rates - opening date rates.

I appreciate your detailed explanation. Thanks a lot! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter