Booking onboard.

jockotaco

Mouseketeer
This is what I understand. Please correct me if I'm wrong

1). You get a 10% discount
2). You pay a 10% deposit
3). You can move your trip to a different day or even year and retain the discounts.

Anything I missed or am wrong about?

Thanks.

You also get OBC for booking on board.... Amount depends on how long the cruise is I think

Correct.

You also get onboard credit (OBC) on the future cruise. $100 for a 6 night or less cruise, $200 for 7 nights or more.

Of note, a new policy only allows you to change the date once. If you change again, you lose the perks. I have not had that happen, so I can't be more specific than that.

Correct.

You also get onboard credit (OBC) on the future cruise. $100 for a 6 night or less cruise, $200 for 7 nights or more.

Of note, a new policy only allows you to change the date once. If you change again, you lose the perks. I have not had that happen, so I can't be more specific than that.

It's been reported that this isn't true. You can move the date more than once.

I copied this from another thread (just posted 5/26/13)about OBBs:

At this time, you may move the OBB date as often as you wish. There is rumor DCL may restrict this, though simply rumor and not a popular one, however DCL does reserve the right to change their policy on this at any time just like they did about transferring a reservation to a TA.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116903&highlight=moving+obb

Yup. On the WBPC this year the Future Cruise Desk blurb in the Navigator specifically advertised booking a "placeholder" cruise for those who were waffling because they didn't have a locked-in date in mind. The OBB commercial loop on the television also advertised changes without penalty as a perk. The fine print in our brochure booklet and on our confirmation said nothing about restrictions about how often the booking can be moved.

I copied this from another thread (just posted 5/26/13)about OBBs:

At this time, you may move the OBB date as often as you wish. There is rumor DCL may restrict this, though simply rumor and not a popular one, however DCL does reserve the right to change their policy on this at any time just like they did about transferring a reservation to a TA.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116903&highlight=moving+obb

Awesome!! Thank-you for the correction, which makes me very happy! :yay:

That really is a primary concern for me when I book, as plans can change. Flexibility with dates is very important to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter