Booking onboard for another family...

ALSBC91

Mouseketeer
We will be on the Fantasy in 2 months (yay us! :cool1:)...while on board, I will be booking 3 cabins for the Dream in 2013. One of them will be for the family of my DS best friend. He wants a graduation cruise next year as his gift.

What info do I need to have with me on the Fantasy to book that cabin? I've never booked for a non family member before, so unsure how to do this.

Thanks for all the help!

When I did this, we had to book ourselves on the same cruise. We later changed our date with no problem.

So, I could book 2 rooms- one for my family and one for my sister's family? Both get the OBCs? This would be great!

Since this is his graduation gift, we will all be on the same cruise. Do I need the info of everyone in the third cabin, or will it be ok if I just have the primary adult?

I can't believe that DS picked a Disney cruise for his gift, but he is so excited. So far it's just one friend and her family, and maybe another friend staying with us.

Thanks ya'll

Does anyone know how many cabins you are allowed to book while onboard. Can you book 3? One for yourself and then 2 for your friends?

In December, I booked four rooms and re-booked another reservation. Two rooms were for my family and two rooms were for a friend's family. Those four rooms were on the same cruise. Our friends had cruised before, so they looked up their information in the system. However, YOU have to pay for their deposits. They cannot accept your friend's payment info.

Good luck!

Does anyone know how many cabins you are allowed to book while onboard. Can you book 3? One for yourself and then 2 for your friends?

This varies with the onboard booking agent. I've been told I could book as many reservations as I had people on my current cruise. I've been told I could book as many as I wanted for myself, but the "same number" rule if I was booking cabins that I wouldn't be in.

You can book a cabin in just the "lead" name and do the other names as "to be determined." Or you can have all the info you need at the time you book.

On a recent cruise (just hubby and me) I booked a total of 5 cabins for a Alaska cruise without any questions. 2 of the cabins are for in-laws that have never cruised with DCL. I needed their names, used my address for for now. After I got home I called DCL with their birthdates. The only suggestion I got from booking agent on board was at some point I might want to add their home address so they can receive information regarding the cruise since they are "newbies". ;)

And then I also receive 5 certificates to share with others to book the same cruise within 30 days of my booking which will get them the on-board stateroom credit. They will not get the 10% discount or discounted deposit option. :thumbsup2

So, I could book 2 rooms- one for my family and one for my sister's family? Both get the OBCs? This would be great!

Each stateroom would get the Castaway OBC that would apply to that particular stateroom. If there are no Castaway Club members in that stateroom at all, they won't get any Castaway OBC.

I'm pretty certain that if they are in separate staterooms, even if all the staterooms were booked together, all those rooms do not get the highest Castaway ranking of any person booked in any of them, but it goes by each individual stateroom. (If I'm wrong, my friends in the other stateroom will be thrilled to get all the platinum stuff so I'd love to know for sure)

Since this is his graduation gift, we will all be on the same cruise. Do I need the info of everyone in the third cabin, or will it be ok if I just have the primary adult?

I can't believe that DS picked a Disney cruise for his gift, but he is so excited. So far it's just one friend and her family, and maybe another friend staying with us.

Thanks ya'll

You will need the info (name, address, birthdate) for everyone in the stateroom. We did this in October...book a stateroom for ourselves, another stateroom for DS and her kids, and another stateroom for my friend and her kids. HTH! :goodvibes

Each stateroom would get the Castaway OBC that would apply to that particular stateroom. If there are no Castaway Club members in that stateroom at all, they won't get any Castaway OBC.

I'm pretty certain that if they are in separate staterooms, even if all the staterooms were booked together, all those rooms do not get the highest Castaway ranking of any person booked in any of them, but it goes by each individual stateroom. (If I'm wrong, my friends in the other stateroom will be thrilled to get all the platinum stuff so I'd love to know for sure)

So, we are trying to book 5 rooms to Alaska when we board in April. There are 5 of us cruising in April. Basically, for booking purposes, I will want to keep each of us booked into each of the rooms in order for everyone to get the credit correct? Then just set up charging rights for everyone to appropriate credit cards and get extra room keys for the rooms they will actually be sleeping in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter