Booking on Disneyworld.com Terms?

Figment78

Mouseketeer
I am going to book on disneyworld.com, but would like to know if anyone knows the terms for the reservation. It's asking for a deposit, which is fine, but doesn't say when the balance is due. The site only states the following:

Deposit Requirements

A credit card deposit must be received at time of booking or the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
Cancellation Policy

In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 6 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify an existing reservation, call (407) 939-7429†. The cancellation and refund policy is subject to change.
Rate Revisions

Room rates are guaranteed as long as your reservation is not changed.
Please Note the Following

For reservation information and modifications PRIOR TO ARRIVAL, please call (407) 939-7429†.
Non-Transferable

Reservations are not transferable, and the guest for whom the room(s) or package(s) are reserved may not be changed.

THanks in advance for any info!

We booked through them and the entire balance was due 45 days prior to arrival. We paid 1 nights deposit then received a confirmation with the bill for the balance.

Took the following off of Disneyworld.com ~:D~

Terms and Conditions

RATES

All rates are subject to change until package is paid in full. All rates are in U.S. dollars.
Booking Procedures

Package features for all plans are subject to change and may be based on features available at time of arrival, not those in effect at time of booking. Documents will be delivered via express service for reservations made 14 days or less prior to arrival and will incur an additional $10 fee.
Payment Procedures

A DEPOSIT of $200 per reservation plus the price of any promotional or published airfares must be received at time of booking or the reservation will be automatically canceled.
FINAL PAYMENT is due in our office 45 days prior to guest arrival. Bookings made 45 days or less prior to arrival must be paid in full at time of booking.
FINAL PAYMENT can be made online with a valid credit card or can be sent to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., P.O. Box 10375, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. For overnight delivery via private courier service only, send to: Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., 7100 Municipal Drive, Orlando, FL 32819. Please note: regular U.S. mail service does not deliver to the Municipal Drive address. Vouchers are proof of final payment.
Cancellation and Change fees

For cancellations or changes, if your air travel has been ticketed, there will be a cancellation or change fee per ticket equal to the higher of (i) $100 and (ii) the cancellation or change fee assessed by the airline. Please note that cancellation of a nonrefundable, published or promotional airfare results in a charge equal to the entire amount of the airfare. In addition:
For a cancellation made 6 to 44 days prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees by hotels or other suppliers. No refunds will be given to no-shows.
For a change made 44 days or less prior to arrival or that results in a rate change, there is an additional change fee of $50 per package plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For changes, the change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in rate resulting from the change.
Travel insurance is nonrefundable
Change Procedure

Changes affecting outbound flights or first night's accommodations must be made at least 6 business days prior to arrival. All existing documents must be returned to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. via overnight delivery service and revised documents will be delivered express at an additional cost of $10.
Land portions of the booking cannot be cancelled without canceling the air reservations.
Documents

Documents will be mailed approximately 45 days prior to arrival (after receipt of final payment). Nonrefundable, promotional or published airfare tickets will be mailed immediately after payment of that component of your package. Any lost or misplaced documents will result in additional fees which may not be refundable. All applicable tickets and vouchers for land bookings, excluding car rental or transfer vouchers, will be picked up by the guest at the hotel at check-in.
Refunds

No refunds will be made for unused admission tickets or features. Any refunds as a result of changes to the package must be requested in writing within 60 days after departure and will be assessed a $25 processing fee. All documents must be returned in order to process a refund. We reserve the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received.
No air refunds will be made after travel has commenced or if a flight is missed/delayed.
General Conditions and Responsibility

Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. shall at no time be liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury, or damage caused or arising in connection with any transportation, hotel or other services or products provided through Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., or as a result of acts of God, acts of Government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, hijacks, thefts, or any circumstance beyond its control. Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. reserves the right to decline, accept, or retain any guests as a participant in these packages at any time. If a package is cancelled by Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of all monies paid by the guest or guests' agent, as the case may be, to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., less any amounts retained by airlines, hotels or other parties providing services or products.
The terms and conditions of any transportation services provided by airlines shall be as represented by the airlines.
RESERVATION INFORMATION

All passenger's full, legal names and children's ages are required at time of booking.
Name changes are not permitted; reservations are non-transferable.
AIR ITINERARY

Flight schedules are not guaranteed. The Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. shall not be responsible for any airline schedule changes, delays, cancellations, or the airlines' inability to perform. Passengers are responsible for reconfirming all flights. Seat assignments are not guaranteed. If seat selection is unavailable through the Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., seats will be assigned at airport check-in. Juniors and children must fly with an adult on the same itinerary and reservation. At this time, a government-issued photo identification is required for all air passengers 18 years and older.
MISCELLANEOUS

Check-In / Check-Out

Check-in time is typically between 3 and 4 p.m., and check-out time is normally between 11 a.m. and 12 noon. (During peak periods, check-in may be delayed one to two hours due to high occupancy.) Most hotels will store luggage for guests arriving before check-in time and/or departing after check-out time. Some beach hotels have check-in after 4 p.m.
ALAMO RENT-A-CAR

Voucher must be presented at the rental counter at the time of rental.
Renter must be at least 21 years of age, an underage fee of $25 per day will apply for renters 21
24 years and will be assessed at the Alamo rental counter.
Renter must present a valid driver's license and a major credit card in his or her name, other standard rental qualifications may apply. Cash customers are required to leave a deposit.
Car must be rented for a minimum of 2 consecutive 24-hour periods. Car rental includes unlimited mileage.
Drop off charges may apply, if the vehicle is returned outside the state of Florida. Drop off charge is payable at the time of rental.
Additional days, Additional Driver Fee, Infant Seats, Collision Damage Waiver, Extended Protection, Alamo Protection Plus and Carefree Personal Protection, optional refueling service and any other charges are extra.
Child restraint seats must be used for children up to age 5. Child restraint seats must be requested at the time of booking for an additional charge. Seat belts should be used by all passengers.

I would call 1(407)4disney and ask for central reservations and inquire on discounts they are usually running something. Don't pay the rack rates they give you on WDW.com if anything register with AAA and get a 20%discount on rooms.

We booked a room-only for two nights, and were told the balance was due at check-in?
And can you get rates for next year at the official site? I can't get it to change to "2004". I am trying to get an idea of a package for my friends who will be visiting in Feb.

I was booking room only as well, so I don't know if it's the same terms as a package.

Also, I did price it with the AAA discount, and it was MORE! I couldn't believe it, but it was. I was pricing Wilderness Lodge for 2 rooms, 2 adults in one room was $889, and 3 adults in the other was $999 on the site. When I priced AAA through the CRO, the gave me $1012, and $1159 respectively.

Do you think I should call again, do you think the agent was wrong?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter