Booking on board using DVC points

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by stampinot, Apr 20, 2013.

1. stampinot

stampinot Mouseketeer

Is there a discount offered if we book a cruise on board using our DVC points?
    Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinked

Tinked DIS Veteran

I believe you can't book on board using DVC points but must book within 3 days after disembarkation and then you get a discount on the points price.

4. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

I have read several times that the booking window for the discount is now 7 days, but I have not confirmed that

5. matthew517

matthew517 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the discount is 10 percent.
    Its it 10 percent off the total points?

6. Bellecruiser

Bellecruiser Mouseketeer

It was 10% when I booked our last vacation.

7. abdgeek

abdgeek DIS Veteran

You receive a discount on money(onboard) or points if you book a DCL cruise within 7 days of disembarking. I've done this several times using points and always when I know that I want to take a DCL cruise the next year. Don't bother trying to book onboard because they can't handle points. You might as well wait until you get home and talk to MS. I always remind them that I just got off of a cruise.

When you book with points right after you've cruised, you will get up to 10% off the points necessary for the next cruise. I think the last time I did it I figured it was around 7%. That was ok because I saved points. When I asked the CM why it wasn't 10%, they said it wasn't always going to be 10% and that the discount varied by itinerary.