Booking OKW in early December at 7 months

I had a friend who just booked a 2 bedroom at OKW for the first week of December, and there were a lot of options, so I think you will be fine in another month.

Is that all it is? That is nothing, a warm up. Good to know Deb/Bill. It would be interesting to put a poll up to see what people consider a LONG walk is. I guess when you run 20+ miles a week, just under a mile is nothing.

I would love to see the results of such a poll. When reading the reviews on some of the resorts, I am always amazed at how many people complain about walking. That is part of going to Disney and the theme parks.

We own at OKW, and booked Dec. 4-11 about two weeks ago in a 2 bedroom. There were rooms available in all categories. Considering the size of the resort I'm sure that you will be fine. Good luck.

I would love to see the results of such a poll. When reading the reviews on some of the resorts, I am always amazed at how many people complain about walking. That is part of going to Disney and the theme parks.

I am a computer tech with a desk job who works 18 hours a day so not much walking in my day to day. I personally love the tired aching knees and feet when I get back from Disney. It reminds me for a few weeks I had a blast once again at WDW!

I had a Cast Member at Disney tell me if you are not broke and tired when you leave you probably could of had a better time. So I always strive for this.

--Scott

Officially booked 2 bedroom OKW first week in December! I can't sleep I am to excited! :banana:

--Scott

You're right, it's crazy, but many Americans are used to driving for any trip greater than 200 feet (and in some cases, less than that). The Disney Parks are probably some of the only places designed for pedestrians that the average American will ever experience.

Congratulations on getting the 2-bedroom you wanted! OKW did used to be typically the last resort to run out of rooms. But not any more. In the last couple of years, the OKW rooms have been going quite fast. SSR now is the resort that typically has rooms when all other resort run out.

About the walk, it depends on who and when. Some people like walking more than others. And there are times I walk more. The nice thing is, you can always walk one way, and take the bus when you don't want to walk.

I was told OKW was the "last resort" people booked because of its age, so we would have no problems. Just wanted some different perspectives.

--Scott

Oh boy, I am just going to sit back and read from this point on. popcorn::

mac_tlc

We will be at OKW from Nov 30 to Dec 7th. It will be our first stay there. When I called they had OKW, SSR and AKL available for 2 bedrooms. I look forward to trying out a new resort!

I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted for your stay. Reading this thread raises a question. I am currently looking at purchasing either SSR or BLT and I wondered how difficult is it to book at a DVC that is not your "Home" resort, such as VWL or AKV?

Thanks in advance for any input anyone can offer!

Can't wait to be a member!

Good luck with your purchase!

I wondered how difficult is it to book at a DVC that is not your "Home" resort, such as VWL or AKV?

VWL is not easy because the resort is small. But right at the 7-month mark, it is pretty doable these days (since the opening of BLT) if the dates you want are not around major holidays. AKV will depend on the resort (Jambo House or Kidani village) and the view (Concierge, Savanna, Standard, Value). In general, Kidani Savanna is most available. I frequently can get it at 5 months or even 4 months. Concierge and Vaule (both only available at Jambo) usually is not available at 7 months.

I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted for your stay. Reading this thread raises a question. I am currently looking at purchasing either SSR or BLT and I wondered how difficult is it to book at a DVC that is not your "Home" resort, such as VWL or AKV?

Thanks in advance for any input anyone can offer!

If you are looking for VWL anytime other than around the winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE), it should not be hard to get at 7 months out. Right now, it might not be too hard to get AKV almost anytime at 7 months out. But the further past 7 months, it just get harder.

As a follow up. We had no problem booking our 8 day stay at OKW at the 7 month window. YEAH.

--Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter