booking {non-DCL} excursion time?

amylovesdamon

Earning My Ears
wondering what a safe time is to book an excursion (not thru DCL) at port in Cozumel? supposedly docking at 7:30 am and due back at ship byt 5:45 pm. What is a reasonable time to expect to be off the ship and on my way somewhere in a taxi?
i'd prefer to book an early time so I can relax uninterrupted for the remainder of the time instead of killing time until our excursion and then having awkward time before we need to get back on ship.
thanks!

with those times, I would feel comfortable booking 8:30-9am-3:30pm. When on a private tour or DIY, I always try to be back on the ship 2 hours prior to last call just to make sure.

These types of boards are not constantly accessed to have an answer in less than an hour...

That said, you need to consider a few things when booking on your own:

* The ship will NOT wait for you. You want to be back well before the last call
* Make sure you have a no penalty cancellation if the ship doesn't dock - Some excursions will not refund you if you don't show up, even if it's because the ship never docked or changed the itinerary at the last minute

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter