Booking next cruise onboard

Tandelothien

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, we are taking our first ever cruise in November to the MR and are already hooked on the idea of taking another Disney cruise (or 2 B2B) next September on the Dream. Yes we drank the koolaide, lol.
My question is will we be better off booking next years cruises onboard this year or is it likely that the prices will rise enough by November to make the OBC and discounts not worth it? Should we book now instead?
Thank you in advance for your help with this question and all the information you never knew you had already given me :thumbsup2

If I remember right, when we did our cruise, they were offering a 10% discount or something similar if you booked your next cruise on the ship. Maybe see what you can get on board. Good luck.
Adrian

There is a way to have your cake and eat it too in this case. You can book now to lock in the price that they are currently offering -- just in case prices rise (and November is a long time off!). You do lose out on the 10% deposit rather than the 20%, but your gonna have to pay that 10% eventually, right? Then when you cruise in November, "reshop" your cruise. In other words, have the rebooking agent price it with the onboard booking discount and compare it to the price you booked. If the discount and OBC make it a better deal, rebook it. If the prices have gone up and the onboard benefits don't make it a better deal, you were smart to lock in the prices when you did!

There is a way to have your cake and eat it too in this case. You can book now to lock in the price that they are currently offering -- just in case prices rise (and November is a long time off!). You do lose out on the 10% deposit rather than the 20%, but your gonna have to pay that 10% eventually, right? Then when you cruise in November, "reshop" your cruise. In other words, have the rebooking agent price it with the onboard booking discount and compare it to the price you booked. If the discount and OBC make it a better deal, rebook it. If the prices have gone up and the onboard benefits don't make it a better deal, you were smart to lock in the prices when you did!

That's a great idea and I'm sure it will make my TA a very happy camper :lmao:

Thank you both for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter