• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Next Cruise - Day 1 Advice?

flipflops42

Earning My Ears
I just read a thread that stated "Pick up a cruise reservation card at the booking desk on your first day. Fill it out that night or the next with what you want and a credit card number and drop it off in the box. All done! If you're booking a dummy cruise, pick the farthest time out and a cabin that is the minimum you want. "

I assume that DCL offers a discount for current guests for future trips. Is there really a big enough savings for it to matter? :scratchin Any other advantages? Can you pick a "dummy" cruise and modify your reservation later with no penalty? :confused3

We just booked a Fantasy cruise while on the Magic. The discount was 10% and there was an on board credit as well. The deposit was 10% of total pre-tax cost. I think anytime you can get a discount on DCL - it's worth it.

Correct--there is a 10% discount on the "cruise fare" portion of the ticket; the cost before any taxes or government fees. And there is an onboard credit of $100 or $200 based on the length of the cruise. You can move the cruise at any time up to the penalty date without any loss. And you need only pay a 10% downpayment rather than 20%.

But if you book a dummy cruise, isn't your discount based on the price at the time you determine an actual date, not at the time of your (original) cruise? So if the price went up you would lose the discount on the difference in price?

But if you book a dummy cruise, isn't your discount based on the price at the time you determine an actual date, not at the time of your (original) cruise? So if the price went up you would lose the discount on the difference in price?

If you book a dummy date, you will get 10% off when you choose your actual date, so you still get a 10% discount.

If your TA also gives OBC, name them at the time of booking onboard and you will get the OBC from Disney as well as from your TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter