• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking June 2010 Trip

seeking pixie dust

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know when Disney will allow me to book my June 2010 trip. They aren't allowing it now. I'm excited to start planning. Thanks.

You will have to call to book your trip. I have booked mine for May of 2010. You can either call Disney direct or a travel agent. One thing to be aware of though is that you can not book packages until the rates come out ( usually in August). They will book you a room only reservation. You will get charged for one nights stay. This is booked at the highest possible rate ( holiday) no matter when you are going. Once the package rates come out you can convert it to a package. You can either get refunded the difference or have it go toward your balance. I use a TA and she knows I want a package, but I think you will have to call Disney back ( if you use them) to get it converted to a package if that is what you want. Have fun planning.:)

Is there really any point in doing a room only that far out other then insuring you have a room during a peak period? Not knocking you for doing it, just curious that's all. We booked a package for June 09 in Feb 09 and had no problem getting what we wanted, we booked the previous year's June trip on even shorter notice and had no problems either.

Is there really any point in doing a room only that far out other then insuring you have a room during a peak period? Not knocking you for doing it, just curious that's all. We booked a package for June 09 in Feb 09 and had no problem getting what we wanted, we booked the previous year's June trip on even shorter notice and had no problems either.

There are two reasons that I wanted to book early. The first being, that I wanted to make payments on the trip. It is easier for me to make payments on the trip than it is to try and save up for it. The second reason is that the resort we are staying at only has a limited number of Deluxe rooms. I booked that far ahead so I could get the Deluxe room The other reason to book early would be that if you are going at a crowded time of the year, you can be sure to get into the resort that you want.

jmkrat is correct that you can book room only now at the highest 2009 prices, with an adjustment made once 2010 prices are released. However, keep in mind that if you want to do a package after the 2010 prices are released, your room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a new ressie will have to be booked as a package, requiring a new $200 deposit.

Can't argue that point, I'd rather pay it down then have it sitting around with the temptation to spend it.

My understanding is unless you pay by check you can't transfer money paid towards a room only to a package though, is that correct? You'd need to put down a deposit, wait for a refund from your room only then apply those funds towards the package if you paid by other means.

Thats correct. Room only payments cannot be applied to a package (unless you pay by check) The room only res is cancelled and refunded and the $200 deposit is required for the package

I have a TA that handles everything for me. She has always been able to apply the deposit I put down for my room only reservation to the package once I convert it. I don't know if all the TA's do this, but mine does. I haven't booked a room only from Disney direct and converted it to a package.

I have a TA that handles everything for me. She has always been able to apply the deposit I put down for my room only reservation to the package once I convert it. I don't know if all the TA's do this, but mine does. I haven't booked a room only from Disney direct and converted it to a package.

Your TA is doing the cancelling and reapplying of the deposit. She cant do something noone else can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter