• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking IGT on Magic for Transatlantic

nelle

DIS Veteran
I am considering booking the IGT rate on the May transatlantic and was wondering what the chances are that we get two adjoining rooms? I know no one can tell but best guess? Ive looked around the website and I'm not sure they have adjoining inside rooms?
I have booked IGT's twice in the past on the dream and fantasy and both times we got upgraded to adjoining verandah rooms.
If there are no adjoining rooms I'll just book higher rooms. We need two.

I am considering booking the IGT rate on the May transatlantic and was wondering what the chances are that we get two adjoining rooms? I know no one can tell but best guess? Ive looked around the website and I'm not sure they have adjoining inside rooms?
I have booked IGT's twice in the past on the dream and fantasy and both times we got upgraded to adjoining verandah rooms.
If there are no adjoining rooms I'll just book higher rooms. We need two.
While DCL does seem to try to put linked rooms together, it's not guaranteed. By booking a guarantee room, you agree to take whatever room(s) DCL assigns you.

I'm not sure whether you mean "adjoining" (next door to each other, no interior connecting door); or "connecting" (next door to each other with an interior connecting door). If you just mean you want rooms next to each other, your chances are, maybe, slightly better. If you mean connecting, those are pretty much snapped up early in the reservations process.

We've taken 2 cruises with more than one room (2 rooms on one, and 3 rooms on another) and both times we've been assigned rooms next door to each other, but not connecting.

I have taken the IGT gamble a couple of times with two cabins. It hasn't worked for us to get connecting/near cabins - and we were traveling with small children at the time with the same last name for everyone. One time we were assigned cabins three floors away and on opposite side of the ship. We ended up in the same room for that cruise.

We've been fortunate enough to get adjoining (but not connecting) cabins the one time we tried VGT for two cabins.

I looked at a deck map in the recent Passporters guide and see Deck 2and 1 have adjoining/connecting inside staterooms. Maybe other decks have connecting doors, but I can't see them- there are online deck plans that may give you a better look. We stayed in an inside on deck 2 midship and had a connecting door in the room.

Just want to say I'm envious. Wish I was booking this.

DH and I have discussed IGTs for our large family and he'd take three kids in one cabin and I'd take three in the other. As long as we're on the same ship! (We have to do it in hotels often enough.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter