1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

booking Guarantee rate while onboard

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by randomiam79, Sep 6, 2013.

1. randomiam79

randomiam79 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if gty rates are eligible to be booked onboard for the 10% off and onboard credit?
    We're looking to book while on our next cruise, and there are gty rates out for the cruise we want to book. Taking a calculated risk by waiting, but if those rates aren't eligible for the discount, we may as well book now.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. summerrluvv

summerrluvv <font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f

According to my cruise brochure I was given the other day on the ship, no, those do not qualify for the discount.

4. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

If you are talking about a VGT or OVT, a discounted room, no you can't. One discount or the other, and usually the VGT or florida rate or military rate is still going to be cheaper than the 10% off, but you may run the numbers because onboard you'll also get the $100/$200 credit. Either way, you'll be inside the PIF date so will have to pay in full on board. Also, once you PIF you can't transfer to a travel agent so you need to be ready to name someone if you want to do that.

Nancy

5. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

If it is simply a standard GTY rate, yes that would be able to be booked onboard with full OBB benefits. A discounted *GT rate cannot be booked with any other discounts, however. These are two completely different things.

6. randomiam79

randomiam79 Mouseketeer

We have a TA so no problem there. I need to double check if it was a IGT rate or if it was just a regular 11B rate. Our risk was waiting a few more weeks til the cruise so we get the discount, balanced with taking the chance the cabins/rate its still available at that time.

On the bright side, there are now some great Florida resident rates available so we may just do that instead. who needs more than a month between cruises anyway? Lol

7. randomiam79

randomiam79 Mouseketeer

Thank you. That its what i thought.

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

GTY yes it will qualify for the discount.

VGT, IGT, OGT, no, those do not qualify for any discounts.