Booking for sister need help

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
My sister and her BF have decided to go with us in April. My mom wants them to stay in one of the 7 downtown hotels because they are cheaper? Anyone have any recommendations?

If price is an issue, why not one of the values? If anything, transportation around the property would be taken care of....

My sister and I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Boulevard which is a quick walk from Downtown Disney, in January. It's on Disney Property, but not considered part of the Disney resort hotels. We had a very enjoyable stay ~ it was clean and comfortable and the staff was very pleasant. They do have direct transportation to all of the parks.

I recommend signing up for the Mousesavers newsletter and perusing their website. They often have reader discounts for those hotels.

We stayed in the Doubletree Guest Suites in July 2009 on a Mousesavers rate, and it worked out really well. It's an all-suite hotel, so each room sleeps at least 6 and has a living area and sleeping area.

One thing to consider with off-property hotels is that some charge for parking and other things, so it's good to make sure to account for all costs. It's still likely that all the hotels down there will be cheaper, and probably include some form of breakfast (except the Hilton).
The bus transportation in that area isn't as good as Disney's but it's sufficient. We took the LYNX from the airport to save money (the stop was right across the street from our hotel) and were perfectly find relying on the provided transportation the whole time. I really enjoyed the proximity to DTD, because it made resort hopping easy. It was also a short walk to a grocery store.

We stayed at the Royal Plaza last Easter and loved it. We booked through Mousesavers. We booked a standard room and at check-in they upgraded us to a deluxe tower room with a huge garden tub and a fireworks view. The employees were all very friendly and the gift shop ladies gave my kids dozens of stickers and buttons :) Also, even though it was spring break and super crowded, we never had any trouble with the bus service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter