booking flights

muntzfab4

Mouseketeer
I have not booked our flights yet for the 7/24 Magic. Will probably arrive the night before the cruise and return the day the ship docks. Airfares right now still seem a little high for that time. Anyone know when is the best time to book air and get the best price for July? We are flying out of NY.

I'm not sure but I do know that if you register (for free) with orbitz.com they send you their specials for your city when they come out. When I was looking for our trip I registered with American Airlines, orbitz, expedia and a whole bunch of others so that I could be sure not to miss a deal when it came out.

Other than that I've found cheap flights with Northwest and with ATA.

We like to keep an eye on Travelocity too.
You have to decide what you think is a reasonable price for you, and then keep searching. Sometimes prices can change daily, so check every few days.

We've been going to Orlando every year for the past 4 years in the summer. I've noticed that the prices come down a little in March, so that is when I usually book! This year Southwest will come into Philly starting in May. US Airways has matched Southwest's price, so as soon as I saw that I booked it!! It was $176.00 rt including all taxws!!::yes::

You can also bid on Priceline unless you are picky about what time of day you fly. If you don't get something cheap, you can continue to watch the rates on other sites.

I once got a flight that was listed at $219 (21 day advance) for $25 the day before the flight! Of course, it was a trip that I was going to drive if I didn't get the right price on the flight.

You may also want to check directly on the web sites of various carriers. Many have internet specials, and you can sign up for weekly e-mail to keep you up to date. I ended up booking on Jet Blue, as they have some great prices for Boston to Orlando, but I am not sure if they fly out of NY.
Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter