Booking direct VS. Disney Travel agent

Disfamguy

Just a little Goofy
We have went twice in the past and both times we booked directly with WDW through the phone. I was wondering though, are there any significant advantages of booking through them or through a Disney vacation company?

The perk of a TA is that they'll handle everything. Same price as Disney- and Disney pays the commission.
We handle dining reservations, activities, etc!!
We make sure your payments are made on time, and everything is taken care of!!

I'm a Disney TA and I don't know about others but I do everything for my client including booking dining. I give a gc for booking and autograph books to the kids. I make laminated cards for each day of their trip. I just want them to relax and enjoy their trip!!

Some agents offer concierge level service. We book dining, we help you build a custom itinerary. Yes, you can do it yourself but why wouldn't you let someone who does it for a living take care of it?

My agency (which I can't post on here since it isn't the official sponsor of the disboards) offers smart phone access to your itinerary, dining and other special perks that you can't get by booking it yourself.

I agree with everything mentioned, but we also(at least I do) continually check to see if there are any discounts(pin codes) for you. Disney wouldn't change your reservation if a better rate comes out for your stay, unless you call. We do that for you, so you never have to worry about that. I also give gift cards and other "surprises" as my Thank-you.

Some agencies are able to offer agency exclusive rates. I'm staying at BC in August for $190/night on one of these deals. Our tickets are also slightly discounted.

Timon71 said:
I agree with everything mentioned, but we also(at least I do) continually check to see if there are any discounts(pin codes) for you. Disney wouldn't change your reservation if a better rate comes out for your stay, unless you call. We do that for you, so you never have to worry about that. I also give gift cards and other "surprises" as my Thank-you.

Yes I forgot that one! Lol

My friend is a Disney TA. I hand everything over to her because she gets paid from Disney and it's free for me, so why not! Basically I give her the dates and where we want to stay. She books everything for me and looks for discounts to add. I give her my CC # for deposit, ADR holding and final payment....she handles all of that. The most beneficial part for me is the ADR booking. I used to get up early in order to make them and now it's her job. ;) The only downside is I can't call Disney direct because technically her company holds the reservation and I don't get Mickey Mail as quick as a non TA person does. It has to go to her and then she mails it to me.

Some agencies are able to offer agency exclusive rates. I'm staying at BC in August for $190/night on one of these deals. Our tickets are also slightly discounted.

We are too. Except we are going to be at the Yacht Club. This offer is waaaayyyyyyyyy better than any other offers I have seen yet!!! Nearly 50% off rack rate.

We are too. Except we are going to be at the Yacht Club. This offer is waaaayyyyyyyyy better than any other offers I have seen yet!!! Nearly 50% off rack rate.

We are too!!!! YC Aug 16th -23rd!!
It was too good a deal to pass up!!
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter