Booking Cruise with Air through Disney

Love2Cruz

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here done this?

What is the process? I presume it's a bit more than booking yourself but for international flights, I'd rather pay a little bit more if the work is done for me.

Do they allow you to fly in 1-2 nights before or is it usually the day of?

Our ta advised against it. It's very limited and typically more expensive than what you can get on your own. We booked separately. This is our first cruise though so we took our TA advice.

I have done it both ways. Our first cruise 3 years ago I did everything thru disney, they did not give us an option of when to fly in. The only option was flying in the day of. This was stressfull for me because I was worried about delays. We ended up having no problems and all was good. This past year the cost of disney to book air fare was $850 per person. There are 3 of us. I thought I could get a better deal and be able to fly in a day early. I started checking for flights the day they opened and got round trip tickets for $350 each. And book a night at the airport hotel for $120. This saved me $1300 totally worth it for me.

Disney will allow you to fly in/out a few days prior/after, but they will add a supplemental charge on top of their set price. I know this from experience. We were going to take a TA cruise so I added the air and wanted to fly home 2 days after the ship was going to dock in Barcelona. If I would have flown home the day the ship docked- no extra fees would have been charged.

I had to cancel the trip due to my DH's job. I was allowed to cancel since I was well within the cancellation period, but they did charge me for the supplemental fee which is understandable. With that said my uncle still went on that cruise and I found a much better deal for his airfare by not using Disney.

We were going to add on air thru Disney for our Baltic Cruise next summer. We were going to go in a few days before. There was going to be surcharge - but it was a direct flight and Disney was CHEAPER than Delta for the same exact flight by $240. We decided not to go thru Disney because we were looking at hotels in London, and they are crazy expensive. So we booked a Delta Vacations, which included the hotel and airfare and it was a little cheaper.

I have done it both ways. For my Disney Med cruise, the air was the same price if I was to purchase it seperately. I chose to buy it through Disney because the transfers are included.

Now, in a few weeks we are leaving on the Fantasy and the Disney prices for air was well over double the cost per person if I booked seperately. So I booked through Southwest (bags fly free :cool1:) and purchased my transfers seperately from Disney.

I would suggest that you check both ways.

I checked it out for our Flight to venice last July for the Greek island cruise on the Magic. Way more expensive through Disney. Plus you lose control of the airlines, the number of stops, etc. We have had previous bad experiences booking through cruise lines and will never do again. We are taking seven of us and going on the Magic for Norway cruise next summer. We can fly direct on SAS from Chicsgo to Copenhagen. Right now flights are about $1100 which is not too bad.

We've had DCL book our flights and we've done it ourselves. On our first cruise we had DCL book the air and we were so glad they did. Hurricane Frances went through the day before we were supposed to fly down and Disney took care of changing our flights twice. We had Disney book the flights on our second and third cruises. Our fourth trip I booked the flights and they were about half the cost of Disney.

Disney usually books the more expensive refundable changeable tickets.

I also advice checking out both options. I've never done it through Disney because the flight options they've given me are ridiculous. Two layovers, 12 hour travel time and crazy expensive vs the nonstop 4 hour trip at half the price I find myself? I know what I pick but if there's even a chance Disney can do it better/cheaper it's worth looking into.

I checked it out for our Flight to venice last July for the Greek island cruise on the Magic. Way more expensive through Disney. Plus you lose control of the airlines, the number of stops, etc. We have had previous bad experiences booking through cruise lines and will never do again. We are taking seven of us and going on the Magic for Norway cruise next summer. We can fly direct on SAS from Chicsgo to Copenhagen. Right now flights are about $1100 which is not too bad.

Look into Iceland Air if you are going to Copenhagen, we booked with them for the EBTA for only 500 each to Minneapolis:)

The Disney quote for our Dream cruise in April was over twice as much as what I booked on my own - plus I got to set my own flights based on our time preferences etc. Definitely do some comparison shopping first.

We have booked both ways. Twice we booked with Disney. One of those times we were stuck at Castaway Cay over night. Most people on the cruise were in line to use phones all night to get air changed as we would not be back to port on time. Because we had booked through Disney and were glad we did, Disney got our air changed and sent the new reservation to our room. While we went to all of the additional events they had created. We had fun. So it worked out for us on that occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter