Booking concierge thru Costco?

You are wrong. :) The key is that DCL has to be the company that charges your card. For example, you can book through Dreams Unlimited and they simply forward your credit card info to DCL to make payments. That way, you still get the Disney Visa OBC and 6 months to pay.

And this is exactly how Costco handles payments also, so if using the Disney Visa, you should get the 0%. Our CC statements showed payments to Disney. :thumbsup2

How do you figure? You still have to call Costco Travel to make changes to your res. I have to admit that its a bit of a pain, but the cash card makes up for it.

Jodie

I was referring to booking excursions, spa appts, cabanas etc. You're right that changes still need to go through costco though. I've never had to do that though.

If you get the Costco Executive Membership can you get the 2% cash back on a Costco travel purchase? The way I calculate it would only take a $5500 @ 2% to pay for the EM($110) that doesn't even include the OBC.

We don't get the 2%, just the cash card.

Can you make partial payments towards your cruise through Costco? How does that work? Online, by phone, in store?

I recently booked our cruise last week. In addition to the Costco Cash Card, I was able to use Disney Gift Cards for our deposit. During the reservation, the agent called Disney Cruise Co to use the gift cards. This weekend, I added money to the trip, called Costco and they once again contacted DCL. My husband was happy when we got "free" gas tonight!:cheer2:

Lobofan5 said:
Hey, I just saw your avatar. My Womens Leadership Group at work is attending a walk for EB in May. Sadly, I know what it is now. I'm sorry for the loss of your nephew.

:littleangel:

Thank you. Thats terrific that you are doing a walk for EB. Is the walk you are doing for a specific child/adult? It's a well connected community.

~Mandy~ said:
I was referring to booking excursions, spa appts, cabanas etc. You're right that changes still need to go through costco though. I've never had to do that though.

You don't lose the ability to book excursions, spa, cabanas, etc. by using a TA, Costco or otherwise. The TA controls changes made to the actual reservation, like category, sail date, people booked, and main or second dining. I've had a TA for multiple cruises and always been able to make all my onboard reservations myself.

Can you make partial payments towards your cruise through Costco? How does that work? Online, by phone, in store?

Yes
Pay whenever, and any amount you wish, over the phone.
Well I'm sure there is a minimum of say $100.00. :confused3

Do you know if Kids Sale Free promotions are available through Costco the way they would another TA?

this is a two-part question which is totally noob!:

IF I book through Costco now for a future trip and then have to push the dates further out...for instance: Jan 2014 pushed to Jan 2015...is there a rebooking fee/charge through Costco?

AND

if the sailing rate goes up on such a rebooking, do I pay Costco the additional fee or will my old fee/cost be held even if the rates go up?

many THANX!!:banana:

Costco charges a $25 rebooking fee, only if fare is less than the original booking. You will pay the current fare, if you change the sail date.

Prices are locked in for the original booking date. If, you change the date, you pay the current fare.

I recently booked our cruise last week. In addition to the Costco Cash Card, I was able to use Disney Gift Cards for our deposit. During the reservation, the agent called Disney Cruise Co to use the gift cards. This weekend, I added money to the trip, called Costco and they once again contacted DCL. My husband was happy when we got "free" gas tonight!:cheer2:

Oh, no this gets me back into the GC trouble again. Target Red Card 5% then Costco on top of that. How mad will the person at Costco be when I come in with over 100 GC's???:confused3

Every agent, I've ever spoken to at Costco, was very pleasant.

We booked our Sept. 2013 through Costco & in addition to the Costco Cash card (which you can either use in the store or cash it out at customer service...even if you are not a member

We have booked our 2 cruises with Costco. The first one was a 4 night and we got a cash card for$285 this time we booked a 7 nights and the cash card is $450 plus we also got a free Photo Book that you can creat after the cruise! I think is a great deal.... I didn't know that I could cash my gift card, which if I can I could use the money to pay for my charges on the cruise!!!

I crack myself up sometimes too!! :lmao:

I'm waiting for Kroger to do the 4x promo again - should be around Easter. I have a spreadsheet with my projected cruise costs with exactly how much in GC's to buy. Think I need to go back to work. My DH says there is something wrong when you have spreadsheets for EVERYTHING!! :)

Jodie

I am in richmond too. What is the 4x promo at Kroger?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter