Booking ASMu through Orbitz

leebee

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to book a room at All Stars Music in November, through Orbitz. When I got to the actual booking page, I discovered that my credit card will be charged immediately, for the full price. However, the site also says that I will get Free Cancellation if I cancel before November 1st. I am understanding that to mean that, if I must cancel my plans, I'll get my money back. Yes? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm trying to book a room at All Stars Music in November, through Orbitz. When I got to the actual booking page, I discovered that my credit card will be charged immediately, for the full price. However, the site also says that I will get Free Cancellation if I cancel before November 1st. I am understanding that to mean that, if I must cancel my plans, I'll get my money back. Yes? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I've had to cancel an Orbitz reservation for WDW before, and I got my refund in full. As long as you are within your cancellation window, there shouldn't be an issue.

Look for Orbitz promo codes, which you can stack with whatever Disney discount is in their system. For instance, if Disney's room-only discount is 25%, you can use the code "hotel10" and get an additional 10% off.

I also get Orbucks by booking through Orbitz, and I'm able to apply those to new reservations. For me at least, booking through Orbitz is much cheaper than booking through Disney.

Does everything work the same if you book through Orbitz as you would Disney? Magical express, fastpass, linking tickets?

Does everything work the same if you book through Orbitz as you would Disney? Magical express, fastpass, linking tickets?

Yes, but you'll have to change the address in a couple spots in MDE (one for the mailing address for the magic bands) because the default is the Orbitz address.

I just used Orbitz for the first time for a VERY last minute Disney trip. I used the code SAYYAY and received an additional 15% off the room so the Orbitz rate was way cheaper than any I found on the Disney site.
One downfall is that you do have to pay for the entire trip at once, not just a deposit like you do at Disney. I haven't had to cancel so I can't give any input on that.
You are going to have to contact Orbitz after you've booked to get the 10 digit Disney confirmation number to link your reservation to your MDE account to make your FP+ selections. Orbitz will give you a hotel confirmation number and booking number but neither are the actual Disney confirmation number. I don't know what the average wait time is for that number but it took almost a week to get mine - Orbitz said it was a delay on the Disney end. No big deal though - I was able to link the reservation with no trouble. I used Live Chat to talk to an Orbitz agent. They were very helpful. Just be sure to specifically ask for the 10 digit Disney reservation number. I will definitely use Orbitz again to book my next Disney trip =)

I just used Orbitz for the first time for a VERY last minute Disney trip. I used the code SAYYAY and received an additional 15% off the room so the Orbitz rate was way cheaper than any I found on the Disney site.
One downfall is that you do have to pay for the entire trip at once, not just a deposit like you do at Disney. I haven't had to cancel so I can't give any input on that.
You are going to have to contact Orbitz after you've booked to get the 10 digit Disney confirmation number to link your reservation to your MDE account to make your FP+ selections. Orbitz will give you a hotel confirmation number and booking number but neither are the actual Disney confirmation number. I don't know what the average wait time is for that number but it took almost a week to get mine - Orbitz said it was a delay on the Disney end. No big deal though - I was able to link the reservation with no trouble. I used Live Chat to talk to an Orbitz agent. They were very helpful. Just be sure to specifically ask for the 10 digit Disney reservation number. I will definitely use Orbitz again to book my next Disney trip =)

I received the Disney hotel confirmation number in the confirmation email from Orbitz. I was able to access MDE with that number. Because I had 3 rooms reserved, I received 3 Disney hotel confirmations and linked all three. However, when I called to book DME, the agent couldn't pull up the reservations and transferred me to another department that could.

I received the Disney hotel confirmation number in the confirmation email from Orbitz. I was able to access MDE with that number. Because I had 3 rooms reserved, I received 3 Disney hotel confirmations and linked all three. However, when I called to book DME, the agent couldn't pull up the reservations and transferred me to another department that could.
Probably just my luck then since neither of my original confirmation numbers that Orbitz sent me would link to my MDE account. Orbitz contacted Disney for me and gave me the correct number (which was completely different than the first set that I was given). I booked only 2 weeks prior to arrival so I was in a bit of a time crunch

If your reservation includes children, do not book them online with Orbitz. Book the adults only, then call or chat Orbitz later to add the children. Otherwise you needlessly get charged extra.

I did it! Five nights at ASMu in November for $522, taxes included, fully cancelable prior to 11/2/15. In addition, I signed up for Ebates and booked on Orbitz through Ebates, so I have a $10 Walmart gift card coming AND some Ebate cash back AND Orbitz points (good towards another booking). Once I know 100% for sure that we won't be canceling, I'll book an airport hotel for the night before we travel and use the Orbitz points on that. Geez... I love paying less than I have to!

i've booked a Disney resort on Orbitz in the past and have had to cancel. I was outside of Disney's room only cancellation window and received a full refund within 48 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter