• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking and then Re-booking

badora

Earning My Ears
I was trying to understand the advantages (besides dining reservations) of booking your resort now and then having to rebook after sales are announced vs. just waiting to book when the sale is announced. FWIW looking to go in September. Any insight is appreciated!

Some rooms/views may not be available when the sale is announced, so some people book the room they want and if a sale comes out great, if not, they still keep their reservation anyway. Then you have others that book and will cancel if no discount is offered/comes out, which gives Disney the false data of booked rooms so why offer a discount.

Really the only benefit is if you want the resort and room category regardless of discount. Having it booked in advance won't guarantee you that you get the discount once it's released or that it will even be offered on what you book. But if you know you want it, discount or not, then you have it before it potentially sells out.

Really the only benefit is if you want the resort and room category regardless of discount. Having it booked in advance won't guarantee you that you get the discount once it's released or that it will even be offered on what you book. But if you know you want it, discount or not, then you have it before it potentially sells out.

I agree. Applying a discount later is only possible if what you have booked is available under that discount. If you will go regardless of whether or not a discount comes out, it's best to book early to get what you want. If you will only go with a discount, it's better to wait and see what discounts (if any) come out for your dates. You can make ADRs without a resort reservation, you would just have to make them each day rather than all at once.

There is also no guarantee that a discount will come out. According to where you are booking and the time of year, rooms can go fast so even if you are paying rack rate, there is a chance nothing would be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter