• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking and later learning of cheaper rates

Iheoma

Mouseketeer
Merry Christmas,

I was all set to go ahead and book our 5 nights at CBR online when I thought of something. What happens if I book the package and then look online and find out that Disney offered the same package for a lower rate for the same time period? We're planning on going 5/3 - 5/8 2004 and I know that it is a "slower" period at the parks. Can I call and request the lower rate or am I stuck with the one that I booked? Should I wait to book or what?

Thanks

Originally posted by Iheoma
Merry Christmas,

I was all set to go ahead and book our 5 nights at CBR online when I thought of something. What happens if I book the package and then look online and find out that Disney offered the same package for a lower rate for the same time period? We're planning on going 5/3 - 5/8 2004 and I know that it is a "slower" period at the parks. Can I call and request the lower rate or am I stuck with the one that I booked? Should I wait to book or what?

Thanks

I believe if it is a package you are stuck since there are canellation fees and such.. if it is just a room you can modify your reservation to take advantage of the better rates( like AP or the other code that was/is out CTH but I don't know how long it is good for I think only through Feb. but you can ask and maybe still get it for when you are going.) I did that with the Ap rate although since I couldn't get it at the original resort I had to go to a different resort . but make the ressie as soon as you can unless it's a package.

also if it *is* a package I'd go through the dreams unlimited travel since they quoted me a better rate than Disney online for the same package I was originally considering..just to let you know packages are not always the cheapest way to go unless you really want all the features they offer..read up on mousesavers and allears if you haven't before you decide.

I guess I was gonna suggest the same thing. I already have ressies for Dec 04...they are room only. We have 3 rooms at LVC Poly for the 1st week of December. Even tho we have a decent rate using AAA, I'm still holding out for an AP room discount but of course, those won't come out till much, much closer to December 2004. Since I had a travel agent plan the trip, she's gonna keep an eye out for the AP discount and she'll snatch it up ASAP so I won't have to be here 24/7 trying to take care of the switch. That would be my suggestion to you....:teeth:

about using travel agents..I have always done it myself but this time I know a lot got the AP rates via a travel agent and not only didn't have the hassel, the agents must have some kind of line that they were able to get ones others couldn't. I heard the same thing happened in the fall. I would consider using one if possible. we literally spent most of 3 days trying to get the AP rates...then they came out with the cth code and we could have got that easily for only a few $ more a night and saved on the AP ! oh well, we will be using it a lot this year....but, live and learn!:crazy:

disneysandy- I will be doing the same as you for Dec 2005. What is the AAA rate for LVC first week of December?

jeankeri--

We will be in 3 rooms 12/4-12/11 at Poly LVC. Our AAA room rate is approximately $3100 per room (we have 3) for the week. I'm still hoping that an AP room discount rate will come out before then....it usually does and that will be a nice bit of savings. ;)

disneysandy- thanks for the info. How long ago did you book with the AAA rate? I know they come out in June for the following year. Did you book that far ahead?
I am also hoping AP rates come out closer to our trip. This past December we stayed LVC with the Armed Forces Salute, and my DH fell in love with the whole Ploy lagoon view stay! I know he has no idea what the rack rate is :tongue: , so I need to get some discount before I book anything! AAA is a great place to start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter