Booking ADRs on Friday and getting nervous!

hookemhoney

Mouseketeer
I'm booking on Friday morning, and the nerves are already setting in! The only meals that I'm trying to get that I think might be difficult are Chef Mickey's for breakfast on a Sunday morning and California Grill on a Saturday night for my birthday.

Do you guys recommend trying the online route before calling in? I read on the boards that the online system opens up at 3am ET and that the phone lines don't open until 7am ET. The only thing I worry about is that I want to request special arrangements on my birthday (hoping for something personalized, that would just make my day) and I'm not sure the online system permits that. Is it possible to make the ADRs online first, and then call in to let them know we'll be celebrating a special occasion?

Also, one more question - for those of you who have used Mickey's Magical Express in the past, how long does it take to get from the airport to the hotel? I know it depends on where your hotel is located along the shuttle's route, but our flight gets in around 4:30pm and I'm trying to determine if a 7:00 or 7:30 reservation time would be doable.

Thanks SO MUCH in advance! You guys are always such a tremendous help.

Hi, Lisa-
I just booked all of mine this past Sunday, and I HIGHLY recommend booking online early first. The online booking opened at 3:00 EDT for me on Sunday, and seems to be standard for most others I've seen on here the last few days. I got everything I wanted, including some hard to get ADRs (i.e. CRT, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Akershus). And I was able to call later and make modifications to the reservations- my youngest has food allergies and I also wanted to add that it would be our first visit to wDW. Just save your reservation numbers for when you call back. Good luck!

I just used the online system. It did open right at 3am EST. Got all the times, dates and restaurants I wanted without any problem. Hope all goes well for you.

I couldn't get on-line to open until 5AM Central time today. Seems like that would have been an hour later than east coast but I def couldn't get my ressie to pull up with all dates before then.

Got everything we wanted and still spots open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter