Booking Additional Person??

Granny1st

Earning My Ears
I know this may be a repeated question, but here goes.... Hubby and I have booked a 7 day Eastern Caribbean for Nov. 2009. We have now decided to take along our adult son. All of our plans are in place. Is it possible to book him along with us in our room?
If so, when is the last date to do this. Thank you!

Granny1st

We added our daughter to our February cruise after our payment was due. We did not have a problem. Because it was within 90 days of the cruise we had to pay the entire balance for her when we made the reservation. The cost to add her was based upon the current cruise fare for our category, not the fare we got when we made our original reservation. Her fare was about more than if we had put her on our reservation initially. The TA also mentioned that occasionally a ship may be at capacity and cannot add additional people even if there is room in your cabin. This was not a problem for us.

Hope this helps

That is correct. You can only add someone if there is room on the ship, not just room in your cabin. I've added someone twice within 75 days and never had a problem, but if your sailing is full, you will.

They will be added at the current rate. We just added someone into our cabin for our May cruise and we're all sailing at a military rate. Thankfully the military rate was still out or we would have paid the current rate for the new person. The military rate for our cruise ended as of Sunday so we just got in under the wire.:)

The ship "fills" in 3 ways. First is number of cabins and space in each--you're ok because you have a cabin and all will hold 3 people. Second is age groups--an adult is no problem, but kid ages can fill. Third is lifeboat space in each section. Yes, there are way more lifeboats than passengers/crew allowed on the ship, but they are also divided into sections for drill and boat boarding in an emergency. Theoretically, you could exceed the number allowed in your section, but I've never heard of this actually being an issue.

So...normally, adding an adult is not a problem. The sooner you do it, the more likely it is to be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter