booking about 6 months out from sailing date

rhodymom

Mouseketeer
We are almost ready to pull the trigger on a Dec 10 2016 cruise (so yes we are booking late) and I have some questions for all you great dis folks!

1. we are waitlisted for early dining - I am nervous we won't get it because surely we are last on the waitlist. My husband is pretty amendment about having it because our special needs son just won't be able to handle late dining

2. Booking late and having no "status" in terms of castaway club will we be able to get any special dinners like Palo or royal tea.

Any other advice!!!! Thank you!!

We are almost ready to pull the trigger on a Dec 10 2016 cruise (so yes we are booking late) and I have some questions for all you great dis folks!

1. we are waitlisted for early dining - I am nervous we won't get it because surely we are last on the waitlist. My husband is pretty amendment about having it because our special needs son just won't be able to handle late dining

2. Booking late and having no "status" in terms of castaway club will we be able to get any special dinners like Palo or royal tea.

Any other advice!!!! Thank you!!
1. When you requested to be placed on the waitlist, did you mention it would be helpful for special needs? That could help. Also effective - call DCL periodically and "confirm" you are on the wait list (remember the squeaky wheel?). If it still hasn't come through by the time you actually check in at the port, look in the Navigator you get in the terminal to see where/when the dining changes are being handled and head there to make the request again. Many times these steps will get it for you. If not, you can always dine in the buffet for dinner at anytime they are open for dinner.

2. If all the spots online are filled when you do your online checkin, just keep checking. Often people will book Palo/Remy and then cancel before the cruise. Also, check at the dining changes location (once onboard), they hold back several reservations for booking onboard

We booked 5 months to the day before our first disney cruise. We also asked to be wait listed for main dining, and within a few weeks the change was made (I just noticed it when reviewing our reservation).

I still have several weeks before I can book anything (because I also have no status and we cruise late Sept), but I have decided that I will do my best and if we get them for our anniversary--great--if not, I have been convinced that the vacation will still be amazing!

I did go out privately to companies to book an excursion (mostly because of age restrictions on the Disney ones) There were surprisingly lots already sold out for our dates, but I was persistent and found one perfect for our family!

Good luck and happy planning!

1. Keep checking back and let DCL know about your special needs son. If that does not work, you can request a change once you get on board. There will be a designated location for dining change requests on boarding day. The place and time will be listed in the Navigator they give you at check in.

2. Your odds of getting Palo or Remy will depend on the numbers of days of your cruise. If it's a short cruise, all spots will likely be filled before you reach your 75 day check in day. But then again, there may still be spots left. If not, you can ask for a spot once you get on board, at the same place you ask for dining changes.

We just booked two weeks ago for a late September cruise - so less than 5 months out! We eat late as it is so we second seating suits us just fine. I do hope to make Palo reservations. We've got silver status which might help a bit, but the Dream is a big ship and it's only a 4 night cruise so still concerned.

Hope you are able to get early dining and special reservations with no issues. And that you have a fabulous cruise!

We booked about that far out and it was fine. We chose 2nd seating even when first was available (wanted to use dine and play- wouldn't do that again). It all worked out well.

Sorry to hijack, but how do you get on the waitlist? Do I have to call or is it something I can do online?

(I have 2nd seating now and when I try to change it online, Main dining is blurred out so I assume that means I can't change it, right?)

Thanks! I assume I have to call but haven't had time.

Sorry to hijack, but how do you get on the waitlist? Do I have to call or is it something I can do online?

(I have 2nd seating now and when I try to change it online, Main dining is blurred out so I assume that means I can't change it, right?)

Thanks! I assume I have to call but haven't had time.
You have to call and talk to a representative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter