Booking a sit-down restaurant during Food and Wine Festival?

schmenge12

Earning My Ears
I have never been to Epcot during F&W. Has there been any experiences out there of regret for planning/booking a sit-down restaurant during this time (considering it sounds like there are a number of quick food options to keep you 'full'.) Related, do the restaurants tend do be less/more full? Thanks.

I usually do a combo of having ADRs and some time to just graze around the World Showcase. And the restaurants that are hard to get in to (Le Ceiller, for example) are still hard to get. If you want to do a particular restaurant, I would still make an ADR. If you change your mind, you can call and cancel.

This year instead of dinners, I only have lunch ADRs booked for our Epcot days. This way I will still get to experience some great restaurants, but have room later on for some yummys from the food booths too.:goodvibes

BTW Friday and Saturday nights tend to be mobbed. So if you want a sit down dinner on either of those two nights, definately make ADRs.

We had booked Le Cellier so no tasting for us at Epcot. The booths looked so fun though. I liked maxiesmom's idea of booking lunch so you could graze some! Great idea :thumbsup2 ! It was crowded the day we went but Epcot is so big that it handles crowds pretty well -- and right after Le Cellier it was my first time to see Illumination! Beautiful! Have a good time!

You definately need ADRs at most any sit down restaurant --

This is the one trip we usually don't make any adr's - well maybe one or two - but mostly, we graze. It's a blast to eat & drink your way around the world - we're always SO full that we couldn't eat a sit down meal if we wanted to.

10/29/07 - Arrival Day
Dinner at Captain Cook's
Adult Beverages at Tambu Lounge

10/30/07
Coffee from Kona Bar
Breakfast at Crystal Palace @ 8:05am
Lunch at Pecos Bill's
Dinner at Kona Cafe @ 6:45pm
Adult beverages at the Tambu Lounge

10/31/07
Breakfast at Captain Cook's
Lunch at Backlot Express
Explore F&W booths for Dinner

11/01/07
Breakfast at Kona Cafe @ 7:30am
Lunch explore the F&W booths
Dinner at Raglan Road @ 8:00pm
Drink Away My 30's from multiple locations at PI

11/02/07 - My 40th Birthday
Coffee from Kona Bar
Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express
Fried Candy Bar at Cooke's of Dublin
Dinner at Rose & Crown @ 7:20pm

11/03/07
Breakfast at Kona Cafe @ 7:30am
Lunch at Flame Tree, Pizzafari, or Restaurantasaus
Dinner at Pecos Bill's

11/04/07
Breakfast from Captain Cook's
Coffee from Kona Bar
Lunch at Planet Hollywood use $15 off voucher

As you can see, we are grazing through a dinner and a lunch at the F&W booths. We have an ADR for Friday night at R&C too. For us, this is the plan that makes sense. We do not have any pay F&W events booked. I believe that there will be more than enough to do without paying for the high priced events. Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter