Booking a reservation at a buffet right before the switch from breakfast to lunch

barbliny

DIS Veteran
On our last day, our family decided to do Animal Kingdom. One of our favorite places to eat is Boma. I thought it would be nice to end our morning with an early morning meal at Tusker House, since I have seen good reviews.

I grabbed a reservation at 10:45, they switch to lunch at 11:00.

Will I be charged the breakfast price, and still be able to eat the lunch offerings when they switch? This would be a perfect scenario!!!

Also, approximately how long should I plan for Tusker? I'd like to book a FP+ for Kali right after and leave the park wet.

yes, you will be the breakfast price and be able to have breakfast and lunch. we do this every trip. We find 10:30 is the perfect time to get breakfast and lunch

yes, you will be the breakfast price and be able to have breakfast and lunch. we do this every trip. We find 10:30 is the perfect time to get breakfast and lunch

Thanks, I switched to 10:30 on your advice - that time slot happened to pop-up overnight. This will also give us some cushion time in case they're backed up with seating people.

I would try to make a slightly earlier ADR or show up extra early. When we were there last, they started switching out breakfast at 10:50 and lunch was fully up by 11:00. Also, I'd be early to make sure you get that breakfast price. I don't know what they charge you if you have a long wait and don't get seated until after 11, but I wouldn't want to find out.

According to my notes it took us about 55 mins once we were seated until we were out of Tusker House. We didn't linger. With a 10:45 ADR I don't think I'd be ready for KRR until after 12:15.

I think we had a 10:40 ADR last October, arrived around 10:30, were seated right on time, and we had plenty of time to try the breakfast foods before the switch. At 11, they started moving the breakfast foods to the center area and adding lunch items, but they left the breakfast foods out for quite awhile. I'm sure it took us at least an hour, but we do tend to linger, and there were 8 of us including my very slow-eating sister and DD11.

Thanks for the advice - I was switching to 10:30 while you were replying

I think I'm going to try to get a FP+ for 11:00 to 12:00 and ride it in the latter part of the window - I don't ride it, and the others have iron stomachs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter