• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking a pre-cruise hotel through DCL

JARNJ3

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when we will receive a hotel confirmation? Transportation information?

We booked the Waldorf Astoria in Rome, for three days pre-Cruise. We also booked transportation from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to the port - then from the port to the airport once the cruise is over.

Today we received the DCL "packet" - which has our luggage tags, cruise itinerary & flight info (also booked through DCL) - but nothing mentioned about the transportation or hotel. Is this normal? Will it be sent separate?

The cruise is in 40 days! Yay! Which means the hotel reservation is in 37 days...... How will I know where to go to get picked up once we retrieve our luggage?

I would advise calling DCL to get all this information as they will be able to look at your reservation. You will be picked up at the airport and transported to the hotel for your pre night stay. Then once at the hotel, you will be advised of your pick up time from the hotel to get you to the port. After the cruise and night before debarkation, you will get a letter in your stateroom advising of what time to meet for the transportation from the port to the airport.

I would advise calling DCL to get all this information as they will be able to look at your reservation. You will be picked up at the airport and transported to the hotel for your pre night stay. Then once at the hotel, you will be advised of your pick up time from the hotel to get you to the port. After the cruise and night before debarkation, you will get a letter in your stateroom advising of what time to meet for the transportation from the port to the airport.

Thanks - I have a call into my TA - was wondering if anyone else had booked a hotel this way & knew the protocol.

I have been asking for written confirmation of the hotel since I booked it in February - I have been told that it will eventually be sent. Was hoping it would be in the little binder I received today - but it was not.

Thanks - I have a call into my TA - was wondering if anyone else had booked a hotel this way & knew the protocol.

I have been asking for written confirmation of the hotel since I booked it in February - I have been told that it will eventually be sent. Was hoping it would be in the little binder I received today - but it was not.

If you booked the hotel thru DCL as a package then the pricing would have been included in your final payment. Do you have your confirmation that has everything broken down? It will have cruise fare, taxes, transfers, resorts etc on it.

If you booked the hotel thru DCL as a package then the pricing would have been included in your final payment. Do you have your confirmation that has everything broken down? It will have cruise fare, taxes, transfers, resorts etc on it.

No - I repeatedly asked for that & was told that they would send it out at a later date as the cruise got closer. I thought it was so odd. I said to my TA -- I have paid for something - in full - but they would not give me a confirmation number, nor a receipt for it. I had wanted to contact the hotel to see if I could book any of their private tours that they offered.

The whole thing is so strange. It will make me think twice before ever cruising outside a US port again.

No - I repeatedly asked for that & was told that they would send it out at a later date as the cruise got closer. I thought it was so odd. I said to my TA -- I have paid for something - in full - but they would not give me a confirmation number, nor a receipt for it. I had wanted to contact the hotel to see if I could book any of their private tours that they offered.

The whole thing is so strange. It will make me think twice before ever cruising outside a US port again.

So, on your confirmation email after final payment was made it does not have the total amount you paid and the breakdown of the pricing on it? They would not have a room number for the hotel yet as you would get that when you check in, but it would have the actual information of pricing and what you paid for. It is all bundled under one confirmation number which is the cruise confirmation.

So, on your confirmation email after final payment was made it does not have the total amount you paid and the breakdown of the pricing on it? They would not have a room number for the hotel yet as you would get that when you check in, but it would have the actual information of pricing and what you paid for. It is all bundled under one confirmation number which is the cruise confirmation.

No. The hotel was booked after I paid for the cruise in full - it was all done at different times.

No. The hotel was booked after I paid for the cruise in full - it was all done at different times.
Every time we have made an addition to a cruise reservation, even after PIF, we have received an updated confirmation email noting the additional feature and the new total amount paid. This has included adding a pre-cruise hotel booked through DCL or adding port transfers for different cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter