Booking a Cruise

I think the OP is making the point though that because the dates haven't yet been released, no hold can be put on anything. As soon as dates are released, they want to beat others to get the exact room they want. I think it depends a bit how desirable the room is. If it is an obscure, yet popular room, like the one I had on the Fantasy, it may get snapped up as soon as bookings open. If not, you should be fine waiting maybe half a day or so until the agent gets around to making the booking.

I'm intrigued - what room was it?

Love it! We have booked 6514 which is also an 8a, it doesn't have the '2 room' feel but sleeps 4 and looks like a really roomy square rather than rectangle. I'll be missing from the boards for he next hour while I read more of your blog - I'm really enjoying it:)

You'll have to forgive me for the very unfinished state of my blog.

Woohoo! I did it. I booked a 7 night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy for October 2015. I used a TA & got everything I wanted. So far, communication has been great. And I'm happy about the OBC. We were planning on doing an Eastern Caribbean, but by changing things around & ending the holiday with the cruise and WDW, we will be able to go to both MNSSHP and MVMCP. That meant we had to cruise a specific week and it just happened that was the western. Now I just have to hope the sea sickness stays away. And that the dollar doesn't keep dropping too much. I'm so excited. Thanks everyone for all your advice.

Congratulations! We have just booked the Western Caribbean for September 19 next year. It worked out perfectly with the school holidays. Now to save up so we can add some WDW time at a deluxe resort....

That's awesome. It seems a long way off, doesn't it. We won't be staying onsite. Last time, we rented a house 10 minutes away with a private pool. Because there are 9 of us, onsite is too expensive. And I love that we can spread out, and after the kids are in bed, we can relax in the spa or swim in the pool etc. We'll be doing the same next year also.

For those that have done a cruise before, did you take out travel insurance when you booked it, or when you booked the flights. I'm thinking that because it's totally refundable until 75 days before, that I don't need to bother now. Also, not sure of the exact dates we'll be gone for. Is there a reason to take it out now that I'm not seeing?

We booked the Mexico 5 night one out of SD for oct 4th 2015 can't wait will be our first cruise and first trip to DL!

For those doing the fish extender thing, what did or are you going to give as gifts? Would like something Aussie themed but also needs to be able to pack easily.
It's too early to book anything else for our cruise next year so thought I'd start planning those :)

Last time we cut Micky hats out of black paper and glued them on to the caramello koala packets (on the bear's head). We put in one for each person plus one Australia cap for each stateroom.

Woohoo! I did it. I booked a 7 night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy for October 2015. I used a TA & got everything I wanted. So far, communication has been great. And I'm happy about the OBC. We were planning on doing an Eastern Caribbean, but by changing things around & ending the holiday with the cruise and WDW, we will be able to go to both MNSSHP and MVMCP. That meant we had to cruise a specific week and it just happened that was the western. Now I just have to hope the sea sickness stays away. And that the dollar doesn't keep dropping too much. I'm so excited. Thanks everyone for all your advice.

Awesome! Let the countdown begin .... :)

For those doing the fish extender thing, what did or are you going to give as gifts? Would like something Aussie themed but also needs to be able to pack easily.
It's too early to book anything else for our cruise next year so thought I'd start planning those :)

I'm not sure yet. I've been thinking about it too. Because we probably won't be going on a Disney cruise for a long time after this, I don't want to spend a lot of money on the actual extender and because I need 2. I think I'm going to buy the one from Ikea for $5.99 and just decorate it with iron on transfers etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter