• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking A Cruise Thru Dreams Unlimited With A New Disney Visa?

Angeejoe

DIS Veteran
My DH was just approved for a new Disney Visa & we've been talking about booking a cruise with Dreams Unlimited. The visa info states that select Disney trips can be authorized for 6months 0%, is this only when booking directly through Disney or is it applicable when you book with a travel agent like Dreams? I sent an email to the travel agent, but it's Friday night, so I'm not expecting a quick reply.

Anyone have any experience with this? Also are there any other benefits on the cruise with the Disney visa?

Thanks!!!

The terms on the disney rewards card website:
As an ongoing card perk, you get special vacation financing (a promotional APR of 0% for 6 months) on select Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, Adventures by Disney® packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages purchased with your Disney Visa® Card through the Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent or online at Disney sites. For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 15.99% variable. Please refer to the applicable Pricing and Terms for details: Disney Premier Visa® Card pricing; Disney Rewards Visa® Card pricing. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.​

The terms on the disney rewards card website:
As an ongoing card perk, you get special vacation financing (a promotional APR of 0% for 6 months) on select Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, Adventures by Disney® packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages purchased with your Disney Visa® Card through the Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent or online at Disney sites. For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 15.99% variable. Please refer to the applicable Pricing and Terms for details: Disney Premier Visa® Card pricing; Disney Rewards Visa® Card pricing. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.​

Thank you @adamki :worship::worship::worship:

Now to figure out "select Disney vacations," how do you know which are covered?

The pdf program guide provides a bit more clarity:

Q: How do I take advantage of 0% APR Vacation Financing?
A: As an ongoing Cardmember perk, you get a promotional APR of 0% for 6 months anytime you use your Disney Rewards Visa Card to purchase select Walt Disney World ® and the Disneyland ® Resorts vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages, Adventures by Disney® packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i vacation packages. For further details and to take advantage of this offer, see your Cardmember agreement or call Cardmember Services.​

You should receive the Cardmember Agreeement with the card, which will give you more details or you will be able to call cardmember services to confirm.

The pdf program guide provides a bit more clarity:

Q: How do I take advantage of 0% APR Vacation Financing?
A: As an ongoing Cardmember perk, you get a promotional APR of 0% for 6 months anytime you use your Disney Rewards Visa Card to purchase select Walt Disney World ® and the Disneyland ® Resorts vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages, Adventures by Disney® packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i vacation packages. For further details and to take advantage of this offer, see your Cardmember agreement or call Cardmember Services.​

You should receive the Cardmember Agreeement with the card, which will give you more details or you will be able to call cardmember services to confirm.

Thank you!

With a Disney Visa you will also qualify for a $50 on board credit. Just ask your agent to have it applied. I think this credit can only be used on beverages.

With a Disney Visa you will also qualify for a $50 on board credit. Just ask your agent to have it applied. I think this credit can only be used on beverages.
You must use the Disney VISA to pay for the entire cruise to qualify for the OBC. Yes, it's for beverage purchases only.

You must use the Disney VISA to pay for the entire cruise to qualify for the OBC. Yes, it's for beverage purchases only.

I just heard about the $50 drink credit but I guess it's not good on a VGT! Bummer!

Thank you for all the advice!!!

I just heard about the $50 drink credit but I guess it's not good on a VGT! Bummer!

Thank you for all the advice!!!

Unless something has changed, I thought *GT was the only "special offer" that could be combined with the Disney Visa OBC. The Visa OBC offer requires a booking code (DCC). I don't know if it can be added after PIF but it can be added at final payment as long as deposit plus any/all payments were made with the Disney Visa.

Enjoy your cruise!

Unless something has changed, I thought *GT was the only "special offer" that could be combined with the Disney Visa OBC. The Visa OBC offer requires a booking code (DCC). I don't know if it can be added after PIF but it can be added at final payment as long as deposit plus any/all payments were made with the Disney Visa.

Enjoy your cruise!

Now I'm confused again, lol. Is the visa obc the $50 drink credit? You think it can be used with a VGT? What's a DCC booking code? How do you get it?

Now I'm confused again, lol. Is the visa obc the $50 drink credit? You think it can be used with a VGT? What's a DCC booking code? How do you get it?

Yes, the Disney Visa OBC is a $50 beverage credit. "DCC" is the code that needs to be added to your reservation to get that credit. If you are booking through DU the agent likely knows that code already.

*GT rates do not use a booking code, therefore the Disney Visa offer can be used with a *GT. Other special offers -- FL resident, military, kids sail free (which hasn't been offered for a few years) -- all require a booking code to get that discounted rate. DCL doesn't allow "stacking" of offers, therefore the Disney Visa offer cannot be used along with those other discounts.

The current Disney Visa credit offer is only good for cruises through 12/31/2016. If you are sailing in 2017 you would need to wait for the offer to be extended. But since you are booking a VGT I assume that's not an issue (just adding the info for other cruisers who may read this).

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter