Booking a cruise 5 months from now - what are the odds?

NY Disney fan

DIS Veteran
I booked a Dis cruise for 2014 but now need to move my trip up to this year. I was going to take my grandmother but now she has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and I feel waiting until next year might not be an option. She is 84. Can I move my reservation to an August 2013 cruise? I already contacted my agent but am just trying to feel things out before hand. Thanks.

It should not be a problem to move your cruise to 2013 we did the same thing change our sept 2014 cruise to a 2013 cruise with out any problems.

Since it hasn't reached the PIF date, you can move your cruise to any date. If it was within the PIF date for the new cruise, you would need to pay the balance at the time you moved it. August is not in that timeframe, however. It won't be a problem moving it, though you might have to change categories since summer cruises usually fill up more quickly.

I booked a Dis cruise for 2014 but now need to move my trip up to this year. I was going to take my grandmother but now she has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and I feel waiting until next year might not be an option. She is 84. Can I move my reservation to an August 2013 cruise? I already contacted my agent but am just trying to feel things out before hand. Thanks.

If you book this August, the 31st is WAY cheaper then the other 4 weeks, and if you do book the 31st come join our amazing group. :lovestruc

3rd week in August school starts and hence prices start to drop. Just go online and see what's available. Then pass that info to your TA.

If your Grandmother is 84, newly diagnosed with Parkinson's and on a rocking ship, please rent her a wheelchair or scooter so she can enjoy the vacation and minimize her risk for falls. Just be aware the regular staterooms are not wide enough (doorways) for the wheelchair and scooter and there is a step up to the bathroom. You may want to rent a shower chair as well,. if that is a concern. If you can get into a Handicapped Room, the bathrooms are more accommodating and the doorways are wide enough for the mobility devices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter