Booking a cruise 5 months from now - what are the odds?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NY Disney fan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. NY Disney fan

NY Disney fan DIS Veteran

I booked a Dis cruise for 2014 but now need to move my trip up to this year. I was going to take my grandmother but now she has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and I feel waiting until next year might not be an option. She is 84. Can I move my reservation to an August 2013 cruise? I already contacted my agent but am just trying to feel things out before hand. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. networktek

networktek it all started with a mouse

It should not be a problem to move your cruise to 2013 we did the same thing change our sept 2014 cruise to a 2013 cruise with out any problems.

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Since it hasn't reached the PIF date, you can move your cruise to any date. If it was within the PIF date for the new cruise, you would need to pay the balance at the time you moved it. August is not in that timeframe, however. It won't be a problem moving it, though you might have to change categories since summer cruises usually fill up more quickly.

5. sftnslky

sftnslky **May every day be filled with Magical memories**

If you book this August, the 31st is WAY cheaper then the other 4 weeks, and if you do book the 31st come join our amazing group. :lovestruc

6. canadiandisneyfamof4

canadiandisneyfamof4 Mouseketeer

I was just about to say the same thing lol

7. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

3rd week in August school starts and hence prices start to drop. Just go online and see what's available. Then pass that info to your TA.

8. Four Bears

Four Bears Mouseketeer

If your Grandmother is 84, newly diagnosed with Parkinson's and on a rocking ship, please rent her a wheelchair or scooter so she can enjoy the vacation and minimize her risk for falls. Just be aware the regular staterooms are not wide enough (doorways) for the wheelchair and scooter and there is a step up to the bathroom. You may want to rent a shower chair as well,. if that is a concern. If you can get into a Handicapped Room, the bathrooms are more accommodating and the doorways are wide enough for the mobility devices.