Booking 2nd Cruise Question..

xcitedtogo

Earning My Ears
So we did a dummy booking on board for DEC 2013. We are hoping to go again in 2014 but if possible, the fall of 2013. When I login I see my castaway club number but the amounts quoted to me on the Internet are not with the 10% off? Or are they? Do I have to plug my club number in somewhere to get an accurate quote or just assume 10% off the posted cost?

I also priced out a cruise on Carnival Dream for the same time in April 2013 as a Fantasy cruise and it was $2400 CHEAPER!!! Yikes, can that be right?????

To my knowledge they dont quote you the 10% number. You need disney or your TA to move it for you to ensure you get the right amount off your cruise

From reading your thread, I am wondering if you are trying to look at the computer and get a 10% based on booking a dummy cruise. If I am correct, your current reservation will show you the rate at the time you booked - the 10% discount. There will not anything showing your origianl price.

Now, if you are wanting to move that 10% credit to another cruise, you will need to talk to Disney or TA and have them transfer your 10% and the OBC.

So we did a dummy booking on board for DEC 2013. We are hoping to go again in 2014 but if possible, the fall of 2013. When I login I see my castaway club number but the amounts quoted to me on the Internet are not with the 10% off? Or are they? Do I have to plug my club number in somewhere to get an accurate quote or just assume 10% off the posted cost?

I also priced out a cruise on Carnival Dream for the same time in April 2013 as a Fantasy cruise and it was $2400 CHEAPER!!! Yikes, can that be right?????

The price you see on the DCL site is the price, inclusing the 10% discount. If you move the date, the discount should follow you, but you have to call DCL or your TA to do that. Yes, Carnival will be a lot less expensive, they have a lot more ships, volume allows them to have less expensive fares.

Thanks for the feedback...

I was trying to price out a cruise in April 2013 and our dummy date is Dec 2013.

I did not realize the cost difference....do not get me wrong...I fully intend to do a Disney Cruise again...just maybe a quick adults one for hubby and I on Carnival ;)

It probably is correct depending on the number of people in your party. However, not to denigrate Carnival or anything, but comparing Carnival to DCL is kind of like comparing a Ferrari to a bicycle. For Carnival they give you the rock bottom price to get you on the ship and then charge you for everything on board. The entertainment and activities are not even close to comparable either. This is just my experience, I will let others confirm or deny.

Carnival will end up being cheaper even after you pay for the soda package ad all the other add ons that are included with DCL. However, the difference will not be anywhere near the "seeming" savings you'd be seeing in advance unless you do nothing, drink no "paid for" beverages, etc. The atmosphere is a lot different than Disney.

Actually, on the Carnival Magic, the major difference will be a lot more adult activities, there is a casio, there are live bands, there is live band karaoke, suchi nightly, a comedy club, a steak house. I can not speak to the kids clubs, but if I am sailing with someone who wants to have a lot to do on a ship, I will pick CCL over DCL, for the price and the things to do. Even after paying a bar tab, CCL has always been less than DCL. The shows are good, maybe not boarsway good but good. The ports are mostly the same as DCL. ANd CCLs private Island, while it may not have all the bells and whistles of Castaway Cay, it has soft as talc sand, float rentals, para sailing, etc. I really wish that people here would not act like CCL is the plague. I have yet to encounter anything bad on either line.

Actually, on the Carnival Magic, the major difference will be a lot more adult activities, there is a casio, there are live bands, there is live band karaoke, suchi nightly, a comedy club, a steak house. I can not speak to the kids clubs, but if I am sailing with someone who wants to have a lot to do on a ship, I will pick CCL over DCL, for the price and the things to do. Even after paying a bar tab, CCL has always been less than DCL. The shows are good, maybe not boarsway good but good. The ports are mostly the same as DCL. ANd CCLs private Island, while it may not have all the bells and whistles of Castaway Cay, it has soft as talc sand, float rentals, para sailing, etc. I really wish that people here would not act like CCL is the plague. I have yet to encounter anything bad on either line.
You are correct that CCL is much more of a adults oriented ship. The kids activities are pretty poor on CCL. I have a 10 yr old and he hated CCL after being on Disney. I don't know if you have been on the Fantasy, but the adults area on the Fantasy is amazing and at least as good as CCL. On CCL you will have to tender to their island. I really love the ability to just walk on and off the ship without waiting for a lifeboat. As or me, the rooms are not even close but that is probably because of the "maturity" of their fleet as compared to DCL. For me the additional cost is well worth it.

I think we may have shot ourselves in the foot when it comes to expectations as the Western Fantasy 7 nighter we did was unbelievable..not sure anything else will even come close. Maybe I will stick with cheaper AI vacays for hubby and I and DCL for the family...we like to alternate every other year and that would make it affordable!! win win for kiddies and adults!!! :)

I cannot find a list of the "extras" in cost on the Carnival Website...funny I guess they do not want you to know!!! I knew someone on here would have an "opinion" and some "advice" for us newbies!!!

Thanks!

I think we may have shot ourselves in the foot when it comes to expectations as the Western Fantasy 7 nighter we did was unbelievable..not sure anything else will even come close. Maybe I will stick with cheaper AI vacays for hubby and I and DCL for the family...we like to alternate every other year and that would make it affordable!! win win for kiddies and adults!!! :)

I cannot find a list of the "extras" in cost on the Carnival Website...funny I guess they do not want you to know!!! I knew someone on here would have an "opinion" and some "advice" for us newbies!!!

Thanks!
That sounds like a smart idea. I think you will like CCL and save alot of money.

Actually, when I have moved my dummy dates online, the discount has been reflected in the prices I'm quoted. There's nothing on the screen that says the discount is being applied, but when I compare the prices I see when I'm moving a booking to what they would be if I created a new reservation, it's definitely less...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter