• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking 2 Staterooms-Disney Visa OBC

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
On our Aug cruise, while onboard I plan on booking 2 staterooms for an upcoming dec 16 cruise.

We've always received $100 obc for booking onboard along with the 10% discount on the fare.

Since I'm booking 2 staterooms, is there any tips to make sure we get the $100 obc credit for each stateroom. I called dcl, and the rep I spoke w/ had to go check it out while I was on hold... Finally she said to make sure it's booked as 2 separate transactions.

That sounds good, but I want to make sure I know exactly the right way to do this.

Any one who has done this successfully and received the obc for both rooms, let me know if this sounds right and what worked for you.

Thanks for the help...

Chris

When you book 2 rooms, you have to put an adult in each stateroom. And they have to be on the current cruise. For example, my husband and I cruised in December and when we re-booked for July's cruise, one of us had to be in each room. Now, we got connecting rooms, so it's no issue for us to "on paper" be in 2 separate rooms. We were promised OBC for each room we booked. I'll know for sure when we go next week.

Also, the Visa OBC is separate. That's if you pay for your whole vacation with your visa. Then you should get an extra $50. I went out of my way making sure all payments were on my Disney Visa and then we added a friend for my daughter to one of the rooms, and her parents called and put her portion on their card. So, I'm sure that messed up my Visa OBC. :worried:

When you book 2 rooms, you have to put an adult in each stateroom. And they have to be on the current cruise. For example, my husband and I cruised in December and when we re-booked for July's cruise, one of us had to be in each room. Now, we got connecting rooms, so it's no issue for us to "on paper" be in 2 separate rooms. We were promised OBC for each room we booked. I'll know for sure when we go next week.

Also, the Visa OBC is separate. That's if you pay for your whole vacation with your visa. Then you should get an extra $50. I went out of my way making sure all payments were on my Disney Visa and then we added a friend for my daughter to one of the rooms, and her parents called and put her portion on their card. So, I'm sure that messed up my Visa OBC. :worried:

Unless things have changed, you cannot combine the Disney Visa OBC with the on-board booking OBC.

You do need to have an adult in each cabin, but the adults don't have to be on the current cruise.

For the OP, I've booked 2 cabins onboard many times and you won't have any problem getting the OBC for each cabin and each will be a separate reservation.

Thanks for your replys. Sounds good. The obc that I'm looking for is the one where you put the deposit on your disney visa card and for 3-4 night cruises, the obc is $100. So it looks like the rooms become 2 different reservations and the credit is applied to both rooms.

Thanks
Chris

If you are booking onboard you will get the onboard booking OBC which for a 3-4 night cruise would be $100/room. You can not get the Disney Visa $50 OBC and the onboard booking OBC

I have never received both the 10% for booking on board and the Visa OBC for paying in full for the cruise, I do however, receive the reward dollars that are earned for doing so! If someone knows the trick to getting both, please share and let the rest of us know!

We have always received the 10% discount off the stateroom, plus the $100 obc to use on the booked cruise. I use a TA and also get $50 obc from the TA. My only question is I have never booked two staterooms. Only the one for us. So I thought it might be tricky.

The Disney Visa $50 OBC is different from the $100-200 OBC you get for booking onboard. If you book onboard you will get the DCL OBC and not the Disney Visa OBC. You can't get both. You can though get a OBC from your travel agent.

When you book 2 rooms, it's two separate reservations (linked), so yes, you get OBC for both.

We have done this a few times. You are limited to booking two rooms per address in the state room. So if you and a friend travel (and have different home addresses listed on the current cruise), you can each book two cruises. We have booked relative's cruises along with ours twice and had no issue without one of us being listed on their room. Both got the OBC and the 10% discount.

We have done this a few times. You are limited to booking two rooms per address in the state room. So if you and a friend travel (and have different home addresses listed on the current cruise), you can each book two cruises. We have booked relative's cruises along with ours twice and had no issue without one of us being listed on their room. Both got the OBC and the 10% discount.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks. My exact situation is I have to older brothers who are planning to cruise with me in Dec 2016. I will book one room for me and my wife, one room for one of my brothers. (I guess my other brother will book a room online....he would get the Disney Visa $50 and we would get the $100 obc).

Is there someway to book a 2nd cruise date for myself in addition to the "brothers cruise" we're taking and get the obc credit and 10% discount?

So I'm trying to book Dec 2016, the "brothers" cruise and also Aug 2015, just 1 stateroom for us as well.

I've been told u can book up to two staterooms for one cruise and receive the 10% discount and the obc.

thanks

Chris

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks. My exact situation is I have to older brothers who are planning to cruise with me in Dec 2016. I will book one room for me and my wife, one room for one of my brothers. (I guess my other brother will book a room online....he would get the Disney Visa $50 and we would get the $100 obc).

Is there someway to book a 2nd cruise date for myself in addition to the "brothers cruise" we're taking and get the obc credit and 10% discount?

So I'm trying to book Dec 2016, the "brothers" cruise and also Aug 2015, just 1 stateroom for us as well.

I've been told u can book up to two staterooms for one cruise and receive the 10% discount and the obc.

thanks

Chris

You will only be able to book two cruises (as I assume your wife and you have the same address :D) to get the 10% off AND the $100 OBC. But...the cruise we have in Oct, we booked two rooms for ourselves (to give us and the kids more room) and booked his mom and sister a room. Both our rooms got the 10% off and $100 OBC, but their room only got the $100 OBC. So you can book more past the limit of two, you just won't get the 10% off. I don't know how many you can book and get the OBC, as we only needed one more, but that would be an option for you. Maybe book your room for the "brothers cruise" and then your second for the 10% off, and book your brother's rooms after that to get them the $100 OBC. It would be better than the Disney Visa credit of $50, as that can only be used on drinks where the $100 OBC can be used on anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter