Booking 2 rooms online?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
I've been trying all evening to get through to Disney reservations on the phone. The first time I called a recording informed me they are having some sort of technical issues and there would be a wait of over an hour. After about an hour, I got cut off. I called back and got the same recording only this time the wait time had increased to 2 hours. So I'm wondering if I have to do this on the phone or if it's possible to do it online.

Here's what I need to do - I have 2 rooms reserved at Gran Destino tower with the current discount. We have decided to add a night to our trip and our room category is not available for the additional night. So we want to cancel this reservation and rebook at French Quarter. From what I can see online, we will have to pay rack rate at French Quarter but we are fine with that. Also, when I log into my MDE, I can see my current reservations and it gives me the option to cancel them.

So.....if the online booking system will let me book 2 rooms at the same resort, for the same dates and under the same name, what are the pros and cons of doing it that way? Besides the obvious one of not having to sit on hold for 2 hours. LOL Or will the online booking system just not allow me to book both rooms?

Also, has anyone cancelled their reservation online rather than calling? I've had to cancel reservations before but I've always called. Anything I should know in advance about cancelling online?

Thanks in advance.

Update - I was able to make all of the changes online. When I made the original reservation, the cast member told me I would not be able to do that. However, when I looked at my MDE it offered the option to change or cancel both reservations. So I changed both and have received email confirmations for both reservations showing the new dates and the change of resort. There was a slight increase in the amount of my deposits and I was able to pay that as well. I think the only issue left is to get through to someone either in reservations or at the resort to be sure the room assignor knows the two rooms are linked and to put in our request for connecting rooms.

If anyone is looking for a tower room at Coronado Springs for May 28 thru June 2, I just let go of 2 water view rooms for those dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter