Booked

browniemtb

DIS Veteran
Wow, logged in this morning to book a quick trip for next Thanksgiving at BWV. I was hoping for a Standard view but to my surprise there were none. Only rooms available were the pool/garden view, not even Boardwalk view was available. Booked anyways, we haven't been there in a while so hopefully it all works out with kids getting home from college in time to fly out. Thinking Liberty Tree for Thanksgiving, any other suggestions? Also we've always done the meal plan, may not for this trip.

We just did BWV this past Thanksgiving. Standard Views are getting nearly impossible to book even if you book right at 11 months. The Pool/Garden view is the biggest category so more availability.

For the Liberty Tree, make sure you are on right at 180 days or you may not get it. We did not. We booked 1900 Park Faire instead. The Grand Floridian is beautiful with the tree and ginger bread house at that time. We got some great family pictures there.

I travel mostly with adults, and I have never been able to justify the cost of the meal plan. We do much better with the Tables in Wonderland card, especially if you make more than one trip per year, but it also does not apply on Thanksgiving. I mean, we like the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby for one of our lunches...but certainly not worth TWO meal credits.

Thank you! I haven't heard of the Table in Wonderland Card. Wonder if that would be worth the $150. I assume you are saving 20% on the bill in the restaurants that participate? With 6 of us traveling food will add up quick. Something to think about.

Thank you! I haven't heard of the Table in Wonderland Card. Wonder if that would be worth the $150. I assume you are saving 20% on the bill in the restaurants that participate? With 6 of us traveling food will add up quick. Something to think about.
Remember that they add the gratuity automatically for the Tables in Wonderland, so basically the amount you're saving is equal to the tax and tip you'd normally pay, which still adds up. And it is good on adult beverages. Though I don't drink much, I do occasionally have a mixed drink on vacation.

Just for haha's, I logged in to check availability for the timeframe I just booked for. There is nothing available. So with out booking at the 11 months mark, to the day, you'd be out of luck.

If you are a Blue Card DVC Member, or Annual Pass Holder, you area already getting 10% off at most of the same locations. So the TIW card only gets you an additional 10% (you can't stack discounts) for $150. You would have to spend over $1,500 to break even in a year on table service restaurants

If you are a Blue Card DVC Member, or Annual Pass Holder, you area already getting 10% off at most of the same locations. So the TIW card only gets you an additional 10% (you can't stack discounts) for $150. You would have to spend over $1,500 to break even in a year on table service restaurants
It does cover Alcohol which AP/DVC discounts do not. Also if anyone is valet parking that is covered for the dining period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter