Booked :) What is the weather like in Sept? TRIP CANCELLED 7/10

rideswithchrist

DIS Veteran
We just can't wait until Feb 2017 so we are aiming for Sept...what is the weather like?
I am excited for the lack of crowds but curious about the rain!

We will be upgrading to a trip-worthy vehicle this week and then will stat gathering camping gear upgrades too (like a screened shelter!)

Hot and rainy. We usually go late August/September and I've never been during that time when there wasn't a shower every day. Most of the time it's a quick shower, late afternoon over and done. I was there late Sept. this year for F&W and it rained just about all day one of the days. No big deal, take a poncho or some other rain gear of your choice and go about your day.

I'll take hot and rainy over cold and rainy, being a Texas gal- we got a few showers there in Feb at 60 degrees and it was not fun! (except getting splattered on Everest during the rain!)
The kids however LOVED splashing in the puddles.

I don't care when we go! I would love to go in Feb as normal but I can't see us gathering the cash that quickly....and we are temporary caretakers of a toddler that I am NOT TAKING WITH US TO DISNEY.
This last half of the year was ROUGH for us...we had deaths and sicknesses and family drama that I want to put behind us as quick as we can.

What week did you pick? I moved our October trip to September 19-27. I've never been mid September. We are also currently living in Texas. Tent camping here in September is rough. I'm worried about heat at night. We have camped jn high winds and rain and im not worried about that. Sleeping in heat is my nemesis. Anyone have suggestions for makeshift AC?

What week did you pick? I moved our October trip to September 19-27. I've never been mid September. We are also currently living in Texas. Tent camping here in September is rough. I'm worried about heat at night. We have camped jn high winds and rain and im not worried about that. Sleeping in heat is my nemesis. Anyone have suggestions for makeshift AC?
I've never personally done it, although I was close when we were in Tucson, AZ in 115 degree weather :crazy2: but this might be an option for you.
We are also going in September of 2017 but have a RV not a tent. Good luck and hopefully you can find something to keep you cool :flower:

We have Sept 12-20th picked. We just bought a NTU popup and will be adding a portable AC unit because it does not have one.
We may push the trip back to Feb, which means no needing heat I am sure. I want to go in Sept, just have to make sure we have funds.

We have Sept 12-20th picked. We just bought a NTU popup and will be adding a portable AC unit because it does not have one.
We may push the trip back to Feb, which means no needing heat I am sure. I want to go in Sept, just have to make sure we have funds.

Pushing it back to Feb, you never know. It may be 90 degrees and you need the AC, like when we got down there last year. Or it could be mid 40's and a bit chilly and might want some heat. Usually in Feb you won't have so much humidity as compared to Sept.

Best of luck with the new setup.

Pushing it back to Feb, you never know. It may be 90 degrees and you need the AC, like when we got down there last year. Or it could be mid 40's and a bit chilly and might want some heat. Usually in Feb you won't have so much humidity as compared to Sept.

Best of luck with the new setup.

I did forget about Humidity! We really enjoyed our Feb trip- jeans at night and shorts during the day!
We are pretty much going to head out as soon as we have the funds(well, during a non-crowded season anyway.
Since we are camping, we will have to take our PUp for a rainy trip to see how she does.

We went this past September for the first time, we usually go in Feb. and I think the weather was more enjoyable with rain only a couple of times in the afternoon.

I am excited for the lack of crowds

That's the week we normally go because it's our anniversary...unfortunately last year, the crowds are there :-( It's usually the kick off of MNSSHP and that draws the people. You'll definitely want to pay attention to when it starts this year and if it's the first night of it during that week you may want to reconsider. It was unseasonably busy last year.

As far as temp's go, it's still moderately hot and humid and afternoon showers are a common thing... it's south Florida ;-) Best of luck to you whatever you decide!

Hurricanes can be a problem at that time of year as September is usually associated with highest probabilities. Outside of that, it is hot and humid. You are from Texas, like me from Mississippi, this will not be out of the ordinary for you. Like others have said, showers are common, but usually short, then more humidity. Not unbearable by any means.

we may swap out for November- we will wait and see.
We are taking the NTU PUP out tomorrow for an overnigth trip and the plan is to have her ready for an 8day Disney trip by Sept-Nov so we have time!image.jpg

Makes me nostalgic. Looks great! Hope the weekend goes well for you.

Bama Ed

PS - I traded in my Jayco popup in 2014. Miss it (a little). Have a nice 8x10 photo of it down in the garage. Hope you make lots of memories in yours!

Nice looking PUP.... Especially for the price. I saw your other post about the seat covers being drop cloths. They look pretty good!

Have fun breaking in and learning the new trailer. I'm bringing mine back home this weekend to start getting things organized, but the first real trip will have to wait until the weather breaks. It is going to be 60 this weekend, but that doesn't last long in StL.

j

Whew! First thing is first if we are going to camp 8 nights at Disney- replacing the bunk ends!!! It was like sleeping in a bowl.
We also need to get some jacks because the drop foot stabilizers do not "level" the pup.

What model? Looks good...have fun!

She is a 1992 Palomino Mustang

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 16
Makes me nostalgic. Looks great! Hope the weekend goes well for you.

Bama Ed

PS - I traded in my Jayco popup in 2014. Miss it (a little). Have a nice 8x10 photo of it down in the garage. Hope you make lots of memories in yours!

My Hubs saw an Aliner and thought it was so cool. I told him he needed to join this forum because "BamaEd has one". Of course, he was also already mentally upgrading our pup to a Hybrid.

Nice looking PUP.... Especially for the price. I saw your other post about the seat covers being drop cloths. They look pretty good!

Have fun breaking in and learning the new trailer. I'm bringing mine back home this weekend to start getting things organized, but the first real trip will have to wait until the weather breaks. It is going to be 60 this weekend, but that doesn't last long in StL.

j

When we first popped it open and smelled it, I was almost regretting the $300. After she was painted and the fabric replaced and canvas cleaned, I laughed that the guy practically gave it to us!
Even if it cost another $1000 for repairs we got a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter