Booked up Marathon Weekend?

disgrits

DIS Veteran
Could this be true? I looked online and nothing is available. I was trying to book a 1 bedroom anywhere Jan5-7, 2018. Will I have luck if I call Member Sevices?

Yes I believe there was very little availability just before 7 months, and what was left vanished quickly. I have had a Wait list for a thursday night at PVB for a couple months already and it hasn't come through yet. You may need to book cash rooms if you want to stay there during that time.

MS books from the same inventory as we do. Marathon inventory has been gone for quite a while. You'll have to waitlist (or stalk) and hope to catch a cancellation. Good luck!

It is a BUSY week and always sells out. Most studios were booked up for the 5th of that week by about 10 months with 1-bedrooms booking up next in line (well, actually, OKW and SSR had availablity in the 1-bedrooms from the 3rd to 9th until the 7th month date). Knowing from past experience how busy this week is (this will be our 3rd time going that week) I booked a studio at SSR for 6 nights at 11 months. Shortly after that we invited DS's college room-mate to join us. He wasn't sure if he could go so I waited a few days on booking then finally decided in the first week of March to go ahead and book a 2nd studio for them "just in case" and the 5th was already gone (for SSR std. view)!! I could have booked preferred view but didn't want to part with the points AND I was hoping to have both studios in the std. category so we could hopefully be in the same building. Anyway, so I booked the first 2 nights, waitlisted the 5th then booked the other 2 nights (if friend didn't go we would go for 6 nights - if booking 2 studios then only 5 nights). I figured worse case scenario the 2 of them could stay in our studio for 1 night with us. Anyway, friend decided he DOES want to go so I then started considering the idea of booking a 1-bedroom at either OKW or AKV Jambo if I could get it for 2 or 3 nights to try to cover the night of the 5th and we'd all have places to sleep in the same villa. Both Jambo AND OKW were available until I hit my 7 month window - but I was busy with work in the morning and couldn't check until afternoon and by then both were gone. BUT on a bright note with all the shuffling around my waitlist night came through for the studio at the same time so in the end we got everything covered. However I was on the waitlist since EARLY March for that night so my odds were better...

Last edited:
We've gone for the last two years (Dopey and "the half-marathon that didn't happen"). Last year we were at OKW, and it was packed when we got there. The day after the marathon, however, all of a sudden everyone was gone. I'm afraid that weekend is super-busy.

I was hoping to add Sunday night to our OKW reservation at seven months out because I needed six OTU points. The night was already gone. Can't waitlist since I need the OTU points.

I was hoping to add Sunday night to our OKW reservation at seven months out because I needed six OTU points. The night was already gone. Can't waitlist since I need the OTU points.
Can you buy the points for what you already have, and waitlist with the points they replaced?

Can you buy the points for what you already have, and waitlist with the points they replaced?
I probably won't need to now. We just sold our house and are moving to Florida. We can leave on Sunday after the race and be home in a few hours.

I'm waitlisted for 1/3/18 at BLT standard view studio since one week post 11 month window.Currently I have a lake view for 1/3 and standard for the rest of marathon weekend. I've been stalking everyday and am not very hopeful.

Congratulations on selling your house.:)
Thanks, we've been working on this plan since last October and had hoped it would come about during the Spring. But we just got an offer and we're trying to get a home in SWFL on the coast. Our son will be in grad school in Miami so he'll only be about 1.5 hours away from us.

Thanks, we've been working on this plan since last October and had hoped it would come about during the Spring. But we just got an offer and we're trying to get a home in SWFL on the coast. Our son will be in grad school in Miami so he'll only be about 1.5 hours away from us.
Congrats!

Thanks for the responses. We have stayed in a DVC for the past 5 years on marathon weekend. My husband was injured at our 11 month mark, and I just totally forgot to try to book as soon as he was medically cleared. I've never had a problem switching from my home resort to another at the 7 month mark, so I guess that's why I forgot. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Lol

I'm just a lurker who rents points but we went through an owner at BWV. She was logged in the morning at 11 months and couldn't get us a standard at BWV, they were already gone at that point. We were able to get a garden/pool view so are set but even an owner couldn't get a standard at 11 months for marathon weekend. Our stay is 1/5-1/11. She did get us a split stay at Poly for 1/8-1/11 at 7 months but I'm sure that's because everyone is heading home so availability is better starting that Monday.

We wound up cancelling our Sept trip and were able to book a one bedroom for Sunday night at OKW with some banked points. So we have an extra night. And almost our full slate of points for our Sept 2017 UY (our Dec 2017 are gone except for four points). We're skipping F&W since we are moving and will be heading to Tampa for two nights to see the Cubs play the Rays and then back home at the beach.

I need lodging for race weekend too. Can I book a regular Disney resort hotel room using my points?
I can't even get on the phone with MS! The wait is 15 min and I am at work.

I need lodging for race weekend too. Can I book a regular Disney resort hotel room using my points?

You can, but it requires a large number of points. I think you would be better off renting your points and using that money to book a room via Disney

You can book the Disney Collection, but your points have to be either direct from Disney or resale before March 2011. If they are after March 2011, you cannot use them for the Disney Collection. I agree with jimandami. Rent out your points and book a value or moderate room for cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter