• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked Transatlantic Westbound Today!

inmyis

Disney Dude and Diva
Booked Magic for Sep 18th Transatlantic westbound today. :cool1: Any thoughts or tips from those who have done this before? Flight ideas to Barcelona? Shore excursion ideas? How much are tips for that long a cruise? How to stay in touch with faily at home? Anyone else on this cruise?

Thanks! We are very excited! :woohoo::banana:

Tips are $12 per guest per day....since I usually round up to $100 for a week (to allow for room service, baggage handling, etc.) I'll round up to $200 per person for the 2 weeks to aid in my budgeting. It actually calculates out to $168 per person for the 2 week cruise.

I don't plan to stay in touch, but your options would be internet (75 cents per minute or buy a package) or cellular at sea ($2.95 per minute + any carrier charges). Obviously you can use internet at various ports, etc. but you'll have a long stretch of sea days.

I paid $475 for my flight from my home airport to BCN because I wanted to nail down my travel arrangements. Others have reported that they are anticipating cheaper flights available from select airports (Atlanta and JFK). I don't know if it is wiser to wait or to lock in a "good enough" deal. If I had to fly to ATL or JFK to get one of the deals, that would add at least another $150 for that leg.

There's a big cruise meet, come on over.

Shore excursions are posted on the DCL site.

I am on that cruise too:cool1:
Come over to the cruise thread, a bunch of experts await re flights(not me though!)
Good info re tips, I forgot how much I was going to need.:goodvibes

There is a Thread for that cruise already...Woo-Hoo :dance3:

What is the official name of the thread?

We did the TA in 2007 westbound and LOVED all those days at sea. The waters were much calmer than for the TA over. We flew from JFK on Aer Lingus overnight to Barcelona via a changeover in Dublin. We stayed one night in Barcelona pre-cruise. We used Angie's Taxi service from airport to hotel and hotel to port (cheaper than Disney's transfers). We had pre-arranged pick-up and times via emails with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter