Booked Palo but having second thoughts

Flg8tr97

Earning My Ears
I just completed my online checkin the other day:banana: But call me crazy.. but I may want to cancel the Palo dinner. :confused3

The only night I could get it was on the first night :no:, last night :no: and on Pirate night. I booked it on pirate night but I may cancel.. I think Pirate night in the dining room may be fun. This is my second Disney Cruise (last one was WAY back in 2000 - pre kids) so this will truly be my first Disney cruise and my kids first one as well. I had heard that pirate night in the dining room is fun..
I even looked into booking a later Palo and sitting in the dining room with the boys then going to Palo, but then I looked at the menu and it looks good! :rotfl:
NOW, I know we will be back on a Disney Cruise, should I just skip Palo this time (I really think I want to enjoy all the dining rotations this time around)..

My other option is to try to book brunch when we get onboard.. we have the 1st boarding time..

thoughts?

I would go with brunch. My kids LOVED the dining that night. But Palo is in my top 5 of Disney cruise fav. Plus I herd that the brunch is better. I have not done brunch only dinner. Hope that helps

You should be able to change your Palo dinner to a different night if you wish ...after you are on board. Keep what you have for now. Again, you can cancel without penalty after boarding.

Our reccomendation would be to try to book both dinner and brunch when you get on board. Also although while we think that the brunch is a fantastic meal which is great compared to other brunches, the dinner experience is unparalleled and regardless of food, you get that "date night out" away from the kids and for us at least, we feel we deserve at least one of those per cruise.

I would go with brunch. My kids LOVED the dining that night. But Palo is in my top 5 of Disney cruise fav. Plus I herd that the brunch is better. I have not done brunch only dinner. Hope that helps

Thank you.. I think the same.. I have heard that pirate night was pretty cool and I'm sure my boys will love it!

You should be able to change your Palo dinner to a different night if you wish ...after you are on board. Keep what you have for now. Again, you can cancel without penalty after boarding.
I won't get charged a fee if I cancel it onboard?

Our reccomendation would be to try to book both dinner and brunch when you get on board. Also although while we think that the brunch is a fantastic meal which is great compared to other brunches, the dinner experience is unparalleled and regardless of food, you get that "date night out" away from the kids and for us at least, we feel we deserve at least one of those per cruise.

Thanks everyone. I will keep it for now and try to get it for a at sea day..

where do I go when I get on board? To Palo or somewhere else? Thank you!

It moves around. Sometimes it is Rockin Bar D (on magic) or Wavebands or somwhere else. Just ask.....

GO with the idea to do Palo later in the evening and go with your kids to Pirate night dinner, in the end the Pirate night menu is not that good so you wont be missing much....

If you are early dinner, go to dinner with your kids and let them eat and have fun and then book palo during second dinner, that way you won't miss the pirate party. There will not be a show that night in the theater just a movie night.

Dinner is amazing, brunch is too, but in the end I love both the same.

We did Palo the last night. Great way to end the cruise! We'd been in each dining room and the kids enjoyed the last bit of time in the Club/lab.

Thank you..
I won't get charged a fee if I cancel it onboard?

Thanks everyone. I will keep it for now and try to get it for a at sea day..

where do I go when I get on board? To Palo or somewhere else? Thank you!

No, there is no fee for changing a Palo reservation. You must cancel before 2 pm for dinner to avoid being charged.

Check the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you'll get when you check in for the location of Palo ressies. On the Magic, it is normally in Rockin Bar D, but we've seen it in 3 different places in 2011! On the Dream it is normally in the D lounge, but again, it can easily be moved. Also check whether they are open upon boarding or if you have to wait till 1 pm. It varies.

No, there is no fee for changing a Palo reservation. You must cancel before 2 pm for dinner to avoid being charged.

Check the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you'll get when you check in for the location of Palo ressies. On the Magic, it is normally in Rockin Bar D, but we've seen it in 3 different places in 2011! On the Dream it is normally in the D lounge, but again, it can easily be moved. Also check whether they are open upon boarding or if you have to wait till 1 pm. It varies.

Thank you!! :thumbsup2

Is it possible to make reservations at Palo once you get onto the ship and know your rotation? Was looking at reservations online and a lot of times aren't available already. Wondering if they hold some for when you are onboard?! Also, what about walk up?

Nothing happens in the dining room on the Fantasy for pirate night. The servers still dressup as pirates, but there is no limbo parade like on the Magic/Wonder. There is a party on deck around 7:45-8:15 for the kids, then another with fireworks after the show starting about 9:45.

However, it is easier to change your Palo reservation than it is to make a new one onboard. You can go to Palo after you board and see about switching to one of the 50% of the reservations that are held from online booking. [Some of those are held exclusively for concierge guests and what is not booked by them by the next morning are available to everyone.]

I would recommend a Palo dinner or brunch at least...A Nice intimate setting away from the more active DR's...we always try to go at least once. I would try to change the reservation once on board...we have never had any problems with changing....there is a time to do so early afternoon after boarding...

Good luck and enjoy

We scheduled our Palo dinner around Pirate Night because we wanted to be with our kids. And aside from getting dressed up as pirates and getting our pictures in the atrium before dinner, there really wasn't much going on during the actual pirate dinner itself. Yes, the staff was dressed up more pirate-y and the menu was pirate-themed, but other than that it was just dinner usual. However, my kids loved the 7:45ish pirate show outside, so I'd recommend going to that with them if possible. I think the last dinner night would be a good night for Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter