Booked our 3rd stay at Cabana bay

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
We are off to cabana bay again for 3rd time in May.

Have gone for a tower poolview suite this time (been in tower standard room in past)

No APH rates as we are there over memorial weekend. Booked with netflights (we are UK based) cheaper than spendmoresavemore rate.

Congrats!! We loved our Cabana Bay stay. We're planning a trip for late December/early January right now but the rates are just insane for anything onsite because of the time of year. We'll have Power passes so hopefully we can return later in 2017 and stay at Cabana Bay again. The family suites were perfect for us. Enjoy your trip!

May is a fantastic time to go to the darkside.
one of my favorite months.

enjoy and have a blast.

will do a countdown for your new trip report that will follow you home.

Had the flights booked since September. Just a week for us this time but we have done a week before at Universal in 2014 and had a great time. We upgraded to the AP in October. Had been holding out for a APH hotel rate but nothing doing and seemed unlikely as we include memorial weekend. DD wouldn't consider staying anywhere else :)

I am also out at Cabana Bay at the same time. Over the years we've followed your fab trip reports (on uk dis forum) and my daughters are SO excited at the posibility of bumping into your daughter at the pool one day! We leave on May 31st. She's a celebrity in their eyes as they've seen pictures of her for years on your trip reports. In fact it's your last few trip reports that have convinced us to try Universal and Cabana Bay for the first time having always stayed onsite at Disney. They thought that if you're daughter wanted to change from a Disney resort (was it AKL?) to Cabana Bay then it must be good as they love staying at AKL!

Now they are that bit older (9&11 yrs), I think it's time to try Universal, so they're really excited checking out all the rides etc. So am I.

in fact I too went on a Disney Cruise for my 40th! I did ask the girls if they wanted to go again this time and I was amazed when they said 'NO!!!!!!' They're so excited about doing something different to Disney for a change that they just want to check into Cabana Bay and chill for time we are there. I don't blame them, I do as well, but I must say I did fancy a few quiet hours on my own whilst they were at the kids club!

I'm going to see if I get up the courage to hire a car at some stage. On all of our trips before my husband always drove and I got very used to going off to Clearwater, Sarasota, visiting the malls and eating at different restaurants. This will be a whole different ball game and a lot spent in taxi fares I think! After a difficult year though we are really excited about going so just being there and together will be enough.

We did the poolside suite in the tower. That room is huge! We loved it. Neat bathroom set up too that made it so easy for our family to get ready in the morning. Make sure to request an upper floor.

I am also out at Cabana Bay at the same time. Over the years we've followed your fab trip reports (on uk dis forum) and my daughters are SO excited at the posibility of bumping into your daughter at the pool one day! We leave on May 31st. She's a celebrity in their eyes as they've seen pictures of her for years on your trip reports. In fact it's your last few trip reports that have convinced us to try Universal and Cabana Bay for the first time having always stayed onsite at Disney. They thought that if you're daughter wanted to change from a Disney resort (was it AKL?) to Cabana Bay then it must be good as they love staying at AKL!

Now they are that bit older (9&11 yrs), I think it's time to try Universal, so they're really excited checking out all the rides etc. So am I.

in fact I too went on a Disney Cruise for my 40th! I did ask the girls if they wanted to go again this time and I was amazed when they said 'NO!!!!!!' They're so excited about doing something different to Disney for a change that they just want to check into Cabana Bay and chill for time we are there. I don't blame them, I do as well, but I must say I did fancy a few quiet hours on my own whilst they were at the kids club!

I'm going to see if I get up the courage to hire a car at some stage. On all of our trips before my husband always drove and I got very used to going off to Clearwater, Sarasota, visiting the malls and eating at different restaurants. This will be a whole different ball game and a lot spent in taxi fares I think! After a difficult year though we are really excited about going so just being there and together will be enough.
There was a code for $50 on Lyft (similar to Uber) I don't know if it still works but it's LYFTDISNEY.

I hope you all love Cabana as much as we do. I am hoping May is as successful as our October trips. 9 and 11 are great ages for Universal. Please do say hello if you see us and my DD would love pool friends. DD's plan is to watch the movie in the lazy river pool each night:) We check in Saturday 28th May and leave early Sat 4th June.

My girls would love to play with your daughter, so they'll definitely be looking out for her! I think a lot of our evenings will be at the pool and watching the films so I'm sure we'll get to see you and say hi at some stage.

We are so excited about being at Universal. One of my daughters constantly watches You Tube on 'All things Universa'! She even downloaded the app on wait times and I'm constantly being told how long the wait is for The Minion ride!!!

I think you're right 9&11 are great ages. I think it was definitely time to try something new having been to Disney so many times. My eldest daughter would be horrified if I put her in a princess dress now and took her to The Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique! Minions and Harry Potter are far more her thing these days!

Yes minions does get a long line. We have always done it on an early entry morning with no wait. Minions and diagon alley are open but we do more than one early entry do can do minions one day.

Yes my dd is definitely more minions and Harry Potter now, should change my picture on here, had it since I joined when she was 2 and into pink and princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter